This crispy chicken sandwich is finger lickin’ good! Seasoned floured chicken breasts are fried before being placed in a bun and finished with your favorite toppings. Delicious!
Easy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Skip the fast food queues and make your own fried crispy chicken sandwich at home.
The chicken is so perfectly tender and juicy and the coating is perfectly crispy and full of flavor.
These burgers are all kinds of delicious and so easy to make!
Why you’ll love this Crispy Chicken Sandwich recipe:
- QUICK: Ready to serve in less than 30 minutes, these burgers are quick to make and cook.
- KID FRIENDLY: Kids of all ages love these chicken sandwiches, they are always requested in my house!
- BETTER THAN TAKEOUT: I can’t tell you how good these turned out and they are quicker to make than waiting for your order to be delivered!
How to make Fried Chicken Sandwiches
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cover the chicken with milk.
- Coat each piece with flour, then eggs, then flour then seasonings.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to cover the chicken.
- Fry on each side until golden brown.
Can you make these with chicken thighs?
I prefer to make these with chicken breasts as they cook quicker than thighs and they stay nice and juicy. If you use thighs, it’s better to use thin cuts to make sure they cook all the way through.
How do you know when the chicken is cooked?
The chicken pieces should be golden brown on both sides, and when you pull them apart, the chicken should be a solid and even white color throughout.
The easiest way to check they are cooked all the way through is to use an instant read thermometer, which should register at 165F.
How do you know when the oil is hot enough?
The easiest way to check if the oil is ready to fry, is to drop a little of the flour mix into the pot. If it fizzes straight away then you are good to go. If you have an thermometer, it should register at 375F.
- Serve on your favorite bun, with desired additions. I used a brioche bun, with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onion, along with a dijon mustard. You could also use this copycat chick-fil-a sauce instead!
- I have made this sandwich with thin cut chicken as well. It just depends on how thick you want your sandwiches to be. The thinner cut chicken cooks a little faster, and will use less oil.
- Be sure the oil is heated before placing the chicken into the skillet. The oil will absorb into the chicken if it’s not, and it will be very greasy.
These chicken sandwiches go so well with all kinds of side dishes. Go with the classic BBQ type sides, or anything you’d serve with burgers.
- Garlic Parmesan sweet Potato Fries
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Ranch Broccoli
- Grilled Ranch Potatoes
This crispy chicken sandwich really is everything! The texture is so light and crunchy and the chicken is perfectly cooked and succulent. You are going to love this!
More Burgers and Sandwiches we Love
- Chicken Parm Sandwich
- Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Maid Rite Loose Meat Sandwiches
- BBQ Burgers
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Smash Burgers
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!