Buffalo Chicken Chili is the creamy, spicy, flavorful recipe you need. This stovetop chili recipe is so easy to make and it’s so delicious!
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
If you like buffalo chicken wings, then this is the chili recipe for you! It’s creamy, flavorful, easy to make, and you can make it as mild or as spicy as you like.
This Buffalo Chicken Chili is a tomato-based chili, filled with cannellini beans, chicken, plenty of spices to add some heat, and cream cheese to make it super creamy!
Why you’ll love this Buffalo Chicken Chili recipe:
- Easy Dinner: This recipe is surprisingly easy! Throw everything in the pot, let it simmer, and you’re done.
- Creamy: The cream cheese in this chili recipe give it a nice creamy consistency.
- Hot and Spicy: If you like buffalo wings, you’ll love the hot and spicy flavor. (Don’t worry, you can make it more mild if you prefer!)
How to make Buffalo Chicken Chili
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Heat oil in a large pot on the stove. Then add the onion and jalapeno, and saute.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, stock, hot sauce, chili powder, and cumin. Simmer covered about 25 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and shred it, then add it back into the chili.
- Add the beans and cream cheese, then cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot, add your preferred toppings, and enjoy!
How spicy is Buffalo Chicken Chili?
Just like buffalo wings, the best part of this chili is the spice! Between the jalapenos and hot sauce, this recipe has quite a bit of heat.
However, you can easily adjust it to your preference! Make it more mild (or spicier) using the measurements in the recipe card.
How long does chili simmer on the stove?
Once everything is in the pot, the chili only needs around 30 minutes to simmer. Total cook time is under an hour.
Can I freeze it?
Yes, you can freeze buffalo chicken chili if you want to make it ahead of time, or just save leftovers. Let it cool, then pour it into freezer-safe containers and freeze up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge before reheating.
If you are making this ahead of time to freeze, I recommend leaving out the cream cheese before freezing. Then just mix it in while reheating.
What should I serve with Buffalo Chicken Chili?
Chili makes such a great meal all on its own. I like topping this with tortilla strips, sliced celery, blue cheese crumbles, and a dollop of sour cream. You could also serve tortilla chips, celery sticks, or bread on the side for dipping!
- Make this recipe less spicy by removing the jalapeno seeds and using less hot sauce.
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breast. Or substitute chicken thighs if you prefer.
- You can use 1 cup of heavy cream instead of cream cheese, if desired.
- You can use black beans instead of (or in addition to) the cannellini beans.
- If you want more veggies, add in corn or bell peppers.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
This easy Buffalo Chicken Chili recipe is sure to please all. Top it off with tortilla strips, chopped celery, sour cream, and blue cheese, and you’ll have the most delicious dinner!
More Chili Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.