Nothing screams Summer grilling season like Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken–tasty, cheesy, and simple. This copycat Applebee’s recipe is SO FLAVORFUL. Grill season here we come!
Tequila Lime Chicken Recipe
This easy grilled chicken is a perfect main dish for summer but you can really eat it any time of the year by cooking it indoors.
The secret to Tequila Lime Chicken (besides the tequila marinade…can’t go wrong with that!) is the three-cheese ranch dressing that adds a blast of amazing flavor.
Oh yes, it’s a summer BBQ miracle!
Why you’ll love this Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken:
- Grilled: Succulent, perfectly grilled chicken…perfect for summer BBQs
- Citrusy: A delicious and fresh citrus lime marinade.
- Sauced: Brushed in an addictive three cheese ranch sauce.
- Chicken breast – Boneless and skinless. Ideally, opt for organic or free-range.
- Tequila – I love Camarena– it’s smooth and adds a lovely, subtle smokiness.
- Fruit juice – fresh lime and orange juice.
- Garlic – minced.
- Lime seasoning blend – I like Mrs. Dash’s Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend. But you can make your own with 1 tps. paprika, 1 tsp. cumin, and 1 tsp. salt.
- Cheese – I like ultra-thin Colby jack cheese.
- Ranch dressing – Three Cheese Ranch from Kraft is great.
Trademark note: In the spirit of transparency, please note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Applebee’s, Camarena, Mrs. Dash and Kraft are proprietary brands that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
How to Make Tequila Lime Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a plastic bag and add the chicken pieces. Refrigerate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 8-10 minutes per side.
- Brush chicken with the ranch dressing and a slice of cheese; allow to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Why marinate chicken?
Marinating the chicken is super important and it’s what takes this chicken to the next level. Not only does it add a ton of flavor, but it helps keep the chicken juicy and tender!
If you have time, I always recommend marinating the chicken for 6-8 hours or overnight but you can leave it for 2 hours if you’re pushed for time. Even a short marinating time makes a difference!
How Do You Tell When the Chicken is Cooked?
If you are unsure the chicken is cooked through, then you can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the breast and make sure it reaches 165F. If it doesn’t, cook it for a few minutes longer.
The Best meat thermometer!
I love using this meat thermometer for making sure the meat is at 165 degrees! Easy for beginners & totally worth the $10 cost!
What Do You Serve with Tequila Lime Chicken?
Other sides that would work well are green beans, salad, noodles or grilled veggies.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
72+ Easy Chicken Recipes
See our Chicken Guide for ALL the best chicken recipes plus tips and tricks for juicy chicken every time.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes You Might Like:
- Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken Caprese
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake
- Tuscan Chicken
- Baked Chicken Breast
- Chicken Wings
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!