Get ready to celebrate the most patriotic holiday with all of these easy 4th of July foods, recipes, desserts, side dishes, drinks, and more. Add some festive red, white, and blue recipes, the best cookout foods, and summery dishes to your party menu!
Food, Desserts, and Drinks to Celebrate Independence Day
Whether you’re celebrating Independence Day with a pool party, a backyard BBQ or cookout, a potluck, or a fireworks display, you’re going to need some food and drinks to go along with it!
These easy and festive 4th of July recipes are the perfect thing to add to your menu. Create a patriotic display with red, white, and blue desserts and drinks. Prep all the side dishes and grilling favorites for a cookout. Or make a simple salad or appetizer to bring to the party.
Choose from delicious 4th of July desserts, cocktails and party punches, finger foods, BBQ favorites, and more. Any of these recipes are sure to please a crowd!
Red, White, and Blue Recipes for 4th of July
There’s no better way to show off your patriotic spirit than with a few red, white, and blue recipes. Drinks, desserts, and fruit-filled dishes give you a full menu!
- Red, White, and Blue Popsicles: These fruity yogurt popsicles are the best treat to enjoy while watching fireworks!
- Triple Berry Tiramisu: Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and mascarpone create a beautiful red, white, and blue dessert that’s perfect for summer.
- Red, White, and Blue Salads: Strawberries, blueberries, spinach, and feta are layered into individual jars with poppyseed dressing to make easy-to-eat salads.
- Blue Margaritas: This cocktail is a vivid blue color that’s just made for poolside sipping. Serve these along with some red cocktails and you’ll have the best 4th of July bar on the block.
- Strawberry Shortcake Cups: Take a classic summer trifle and turn it into mini desserts that are easy to serve and share.
- Red White and Blue Margarita Slushies: This is the best way to enjoy margaritas on 4th of July! The slushies are so refreshing, and the patriotic colors are perfect.
- Watermelon Salad: Pinky-red watermelon, dark blueberries, and feta crumbles make a fresh and juicy salad that fits perfectly with the holiday theme.
- 4th of July Cake: This red, white, and blue layered cake is sure to be star of any patriotic party!
4th of July Food for a Cookout
Independence Day is the best time of year for a big cookout or BBQ, so get out the grill and make big batches of burgers and hot dogs, or any of these tasty food ideas.
- Grilled Burgers: Classic burgers are easy to cook on the grill in large batches, so you can feed a crowd all afternoon.
- Smoked Pulled Pork: This recipe takes more time to cook, but if you’re planning a big Independence Day party, a big batch of BBQ pork is a must!
- Chili Dogs: Classic hot dogs are topped with the best chili and plenty of cheese.
- Grilled Chicken Wings: Chicken wings are sure to get the party started, and this grilled recipe is perfect for cookouts.
- Gumbo: This chicken and sausage gumbo is filled with onion, celery, and bell peppers, cooked in cajun seasonings, and served over rice pilaf.
- Pimento Cheeseburgers: A creamy pimento cheese spread makes a delicious condiment for these easy burgers.
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken: This is a great time to pull out the crispy fried chicken because it’s always a crowd-pleaser!
- St. Louis Ribs: These BBQ grilled ribs have succulent, fall-off-the-bone meat that’s just irresistible! They’re a hit at every cookout.
- Cheeseburger Sliders: A big batch of mini cheeseburgers is the easiest way to make enough for a crowd. Plus they leave room for all the rest of the delicious 4th of July foods!
Party Appetizers for a Crowd
Every party and holiday needs some delicious finger foods. These 4th of July appetizers are perfect for a crowd, and they’re easy to bring to parties.
- Grilled Chicken Nachos: Use your grill to make delicious nachos loaded with your toppings of choice! It’s a quick appetizer that’s easy to share.
- Deviled Eggs: Bring this easy app to the potluck or cookout for a guaranteed hit.
- Sour Cream and Onion Dip: This classic, creamy dip only requires 4 ingredients, and it’s perfect for dipping potato chips.
- Tortilla Roll ups: These ham and cheese pinwheels are my go-to party appetizer because it’s easy to make ahead of time, and it’s a hit with all ages.
- Peach and Strawberry Bruschetta: This fruit-topped appetizer is perfect for 4th of July parties. It’s simple, delicious, and pairs well with cocktails.
- Jalapeno Poppers: Spicy peppers are stuffed with a creamy cheese and bacon filling, then baked with a breadcrumb topping.
- Fritos Popcorn Chicken: This is such a fun and snackable recipe to make for parties–don’t forget the dipping sauces!
- Patriotic Puppy Chow: This easy snack mix is filled with red and blue candies to match the festive occasion. It’s so quick to make and sure to please.
Best 4th of July Desserts
These sweet and summery desserts are a great way to celebrate 4th of July!
- Strawberry Jello Pie: This summery strawberry pie is easy to make, refreshing, and sure to please at BBQs.
- Peach Cobbler: Juicy peaches are the star of this easy dessert. Be sure to serve with scoops of ice cream!
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad: Strawberry jell-o, crunchy pretzels, and whipped topping make a classic potluck or cookout dessert.
- Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake: The sweet and tart mix of strawberries and lemonade makes for a delicious cake that just screams “summer”!
- Watermelon Cheesecake Pizza: If you need a unique dessert for a 4th of July party, this is the one to make. Juicy watermelon with a creamy topping and more fruit is perfect for a hot day, and easy to eat poolside.
- Snickers Apple Salad: Chunks of caramel chocolate candy bar are mixed with fresh apples, chocolate sauce, and a creamy mixture for an easy party dessert.
- Double Berry Crisp: Strawberries and blueberries are topped with a sweet crumble. It’s great to dig into with a bit of ice cream.
- Lemon Raspberry Bars: These fruity, citrus-y dessert bars are really easy to make ahead of time and serve to a crowd. And the bright pop of color is so fun!
- Mini Apple Pie Boats: There’s no better dessert for 4th of July than a good ole’ American apple pie…except maybe these mini versions, which are so cute and fun to eat.
- S’mores Cookies: Bring a big batch of delicious cookies to the party, and they’re sure to be a hit. These taste just like the classic campfire treat, but are easier to make and eat.
Side Dishes for a Backyard BBQ
These cookout side dishes are perfect for any grilling you do on Independence Day. Go for BBQ classics or easy make ahead recipes.
- Potato Salad: Classic potato salad goes well with burgers, BBQ, and more, plus it’s a good make ahead dish.
- Coleslaw: Creamy homemade coleslaw is another cold side dish you can prep ahead of time for any 4th of July celebration.
- BBQ Baked Beans: Bake up a batch of beans with BBQ sauce for the best cookout side dish. This goes so well with hot dogs, brats, and ribs.
- Cornbread: This Southern classic is a great pairing with the rest of your 4th of July food menu. Simple, delicious, and sure to please.
- Grilled Peach Salad: This fresh green salad is filled with fresh peaches and other good stuff, so you’ll have a healthy side dish that’s also super tasty.
- Ambrosia Salad: Here’s another Southern American classic you’ll want at your party. Lots of refreshing fruit, along with a sweet and creamy mixture–and marshmallows!
- Macaroni Salad: This cold salad dish is another recipe you can make ahead of time. It’s so simple, and tastes delicious with burgers, grilled chicken, or whatever you’re cookin’!
- Mexican Corn on the Cob: Throw some corn on the grill and add a creamy, flavorful topping for a bit of spice.
- Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad: This is the most summery pasta salad, filled with juicy berries, creamy avocado, and even some fresh greens.
Refreshing Drinks for 4th of July
Wash down all that delicious 4th of July food with these cooling refreshments. Choose from cocktails, pitcher drinks, party punch, and classic beverages that everyone can enjoy. And of course I chose plenty of bright red drinks to make sure your menu is as festive as possible!
- Watermelon Margaritas: Get all the juicy, refreshing flavor of fresh watermelon in a fun cocktail!
- Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch: Why settle for regular strawberry lemonade when you can make this fizzy and fun party punch version? You can easily make it a cocktail punch or keep it family-friendly.
- Fresh Lemonade: No matter what food you’re serving on 4th of July, a glass of homemade lemonade will be a refreshing pairing.
- Cherry Limeade: Tart cherries and bright lime combine to make the most refreshing summer drink. Make a whole pitcher, or double the recipe to make a larger batch.
- Strawberry Basil Margaritas: Fresh strawberries and basil create a delicious and summery margarita.
- Strawberry Frose: This simple frozen cocktail only requires 2-3 ingredients, and it’s a beautiful red color that just adds to the patriotic flair.
- Wine Slush: All you have to do to make this drink is combine the ingredients and freeze it. It’s an easy make-ahead cocktail, and it’s so refreshing on a hot day.
- Mangonadas: This sweet, spicy, and fruity Mexican drink deserves a second appearance this summer. It’s family-friendly, and it’s so fun for holidays.
Gather up your 4th of July menu with these easy foods, desserts, and drinks, and you’ll be party-ready in no time! Celebrate the most patriotic summer holiday and enjoy!
More Summer Recipes
Find more BBQ favorites, side dishes, summer desserts, refreshing cocktails, snacks, and more for your 4th of July celebrations!