This four ingredients cream cheese dip is the perfect addition to a fresh fruit board. This recipe makes for a wonderful centerpiece when entertaining, and it’s so fun to make!
Easy Cream Cheese Dip Recipe for Fruit
When we are entertaining, I love to make platters, they are so easy to put together and they look so impressive to serve!
This fresh and vibrant fruit platter is accompanied by a sweet and delicious cream cheese dip which is so easy and quick to make.
Perfect to serve as an appetizer or dessert, this is sure to be the star of the show!
Be sure to try my hummus and vegetable board too!
Why you’ll love this Cream Cheese Fruit Dip recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need 4 ingredients to make the cream cheese dip, then your choice of fresh fruits for the board.
- HEALTHY: This is one delicious way to get lots of goodness in! All of these fresh fruits are a great alternative to fried or cheesy appetizers.
- KID FRIENDLY: Kids of all ages can’t resist the vibrant colors of this fruit board! They’ll have so much fun with the dip too!
How to make Cream Cheese Dip PLUS a Great Fruit Board
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Beat the cream cheese with the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and beat in the heavy cream til light and fluffy.
- Assemble the fruit on a large board.
How long does it keep?
The sweet cream cheese dip will keep well, covered in the fridge for up to 5 days. It’s best not to make the fruit platter too far ahead of time so that it’s nice and fresh. You can cut and arrange the fruits and keep covered in the fridge for up to 12 hours.
What are the best fruits for a platter?
Most fruits will work well on a fruit platter, always use fresh and ripe for the best flavors and colors. Use a mix of different colors and different sizes for the most variety. For this platter I used:
Is this dip sweet?
Yes, this cream cheese dip is sweet, think of it a bit like a dip-able cheesecake! Flavored with vanilla and sweetened with powdered sugar it’s perfectly light and fluffy. If you like, you can swap the vanilla extract for another flavor like lemon or chocolate!
- Soften the cream cheese before using so that it combines more easily. I like to take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before i’m ready to make the dip.
- Full fat cream cheese delivers the richest and creamiest flavors, but you can make it with a reduced fat one if you prefer.
- It’s quickest and easiest to make this dip in a stand mixer. If you do do it by hand, make sure that it’s smooth at every step.
This fruit board is perfect for parties, wine night with friends, summer BBQs, or a healthy Valentine’s day dessert or appetizer.
This cream cheese dip and fruit platter is a sure fire way to impress your guests! So easy, but so pretty and fun to serve!
More Delicious Dip Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
This is a recipe for cream cheese frosting…..you can also ice a red velvet cake with this recipe.