American Goulash is a classic dinner recipe that everyone loves. It’s one of those dishes that can be altered to anyone’s specific taste easily without changing much of the recipe. This Instant Pot Goulash recipe comes together quick and is full of flavor!
Easy Goulash Recipe
This Instant Pot Goulash is the easiest and quickest way to make one of our family favorites!
The mix of noodles, beef, and well-seasoned tomato sauce is irresistible. Every bite of this American Goulash is delicious, and it’s so hearty and filling too.
Why You’ll Love this American Goulash:
- Easy Dish: I love dishes this where I can throw everything in a pot and let it cook without having to stand over the stove to watch. Prep time is only a few minutes!
- Easily Modified: Not a huge fan of tomatoes? Prefer less noodles and more meat? You can easily modify this instant pot goulash to suit your personal tastes by adding or subtracting ingredients and spices.
- Feed a Crowd: Goulash is great to make for a large quantity of people because it’s really easy to double the recipe, and its quick and easy to make.
One pot meals such as this delicious instant pot goulash are ideal for get togethers because they are easy to serve and easy to throw together.
How to Make Instant Pot Goulash
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Saute your ground beef, onion, and green pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the noodles.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook – Manual for 5 minutes.
- Perform a quick pressure release when the timer goes off.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir the goulash.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
Goulash is a soup or stew of meat and vegetables seasoned with paprika and other spices. It’s origin comes from Hungary and is a common meal in Europe. Goulash is also one of the national dishes of Hungary.
Traditional Hungarian goulash is almost like a beef stew. It contains chunks of beef and onions that have been seasoned by paprika and is quite different from American goulash. American goulash is mainly composed of ground beef, tomatoes and macaroni.
Yes! Instead of ground beef, use ground chicken, turkey, or even pork.
I used a 6-quart Instant Pot for this recipe! Anything 6-quarts or larger will work great.
Instant Pot Goulash is a hearty meal that can feed the entire family! It also makes great leftovers that can be stored in the fridge or frozen for later.
- Storage: Store goulash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Cheese: You don’t have to add cheese to the recipe, or you can even switch what kind of cheese to add.
The great thing about goulash is that you can easily adjust the recipe to your tastes. Feel free to leave out the cheese or add extra tomatoes!
Can I use any kind of noodle?
Use any kind of noodle similar in size to macaroni. Some of my favorites are ditalini, rotini, fusilli, penne, or rotelli.
How long does goulash last?
Store Instant Pot goulash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I make this goulash in a crockpot?
Yes! Follow my recipe for crockpot goulash.
More Instant Pot Recipes We Love
This amazing Instant Pot goulash recipe will easily become a favorite among your family and friends. You’ll be asked to bring it to potlucks time and time again.
More Easy Pasta Recipes to Try:
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.