Cheesy and delicious, this baked hamburger casserole is one delicious dinner that the whole family will love. Simple to make, this pasta bake is full of rich and delicious flavors and it’s a great go to for picky eaters!
Easy Hamburger Casserole
This is one recipe I promise you won’t get bored of!
Why You’ll Love this Ground Beef Casserole Recipe:
- EASY: This is a nice simple recipe, and a lot of the cooking time is hands off.
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great make once enjoy twice dish. Perfect for a quick and easy dinner later in the week.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: This easy to make casserole is made with basic everyday ingredients, and you’ll likely have a lot of things in your pantry already.
This casserole is such a great go to recipe, and it’s a great one to add to your weekly meal rota. Simple to make and so wonderfully rich and flavorful.
How to Make Hamburger Casserole
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Brown the beef and set to one side.
- Saute the onions, garlic and bell pepper.
- Add the beef back to the skillet and add the tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer.
- Cook the noodles and mix them with the cream cheese, sour cream and butter.
- Add half of the pasta to a baking dish and top with half the meat. Repeat the layers.
- Bake until heated through.
Absolutely! Instead of ground beef, use ground turkey or chicken, or a combination of your favorite ground meat.
Use any smaller, bite-size noodle like shells, macaroni, or ditalini.
Yes. Assemble the casserole through step 7, cover, and refrigerate for up to 1 day. When ready, bake as instructed.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing this cream-based casserole.
This hamburger casserole is a hearty and filling dinner all by itself. If you like, you can serve it up with a vegetable side for extra goodness. Try it with:
However you decide to serve it, this easy beef and pasta casserole is guaranteed to be a sure fire hit.
- I prefer to use a lean ground beef for this recipe. If you use one with a higher fat content, you may want to remove some of the fat from the skillet before cooking the vegetables.
- Try adding in different veggies to this casserole. Mushrooms and carrots would be a great addition.
- To reduce the fat and calories in this recipe, you can use low fat cheeses.
I love how hearty and filling this casserole is. It’s seriously good comfort food!
How can I add spice?
In step 4, add a couple teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes to the ground beef mixture if you prefer your dinners a little spicier.
Can I halve this recipe?
Absolutely! Halve all of the ingredients and bake uncovered in a 9×9-inch pan for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through. Broil the cheese for 1-2 minutes if desired.
Can you make it meat-free?
Yes! You can swap the ground beef for kidney or black beans to replace the protein. You could also use Beyond Meat for a vegetarian alternative.
More Delicious Dinner Recipes We Love
- Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Honey Mustard Salmon and Potatoes
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Skillet Cottage Pie
This delicious hamburger casserole recipe is so easy to make from scratch. It’s one tasty family meal that even the pickiest of eaters will wolf down!
More Easy Casserole Recipes to Try:
- Creamy Turkey Rice Casserole
- Green Rice Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Reuben Casserole
- Ham and Potato Casserole
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!