Sweet, spicy, tart and salty, this Mexican mangonadas recipe is a real treat for your tastebuds! So flavorful, this non-alcoholic drink is sure to be a hit!
Fun & Fruity Mangonadas
Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite holidays and this year I’m going to be sipping on a lot of these mangonadas!
Bursting with flavor, they are the perfect blend of sweet and spicy and I love the bold and vibrant color.
These Mexican inspired drinks are a treat any time of the year!
Be sure to check out my Best Cinco de Mayo Recipes!
Why you’ll love this Mangonada recipe:
- NON-ALCOHOLIC: This is one delicious and grown-up mocktail, you really won’t miss the booze, though, you can easily spike it if you wish.
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great option if you are planning to serve it at a celebration, as the mango drink can be made ahead of time.
- DELICIOUS: The flavors in this drink are literally bursting at the seams! It’s perfectly refreshing and each sip pops!
How to make Mangonadas
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Blend the mango, water, sugar and lime juice.
- Rim the glass with chamoy and dip in the tajin.
- Drizzle some chamoy in the bottom of the glass and add crushed ice.
- Fill halfway with the mango drink.
- Place in the diced mango and layer with chamoy and tajin and repeat the layers.
- Finish with lollipop straws and chopped pulparindo candies.
What is chamoy?
Chamoy is a Mexican condiment that is made from fruits like plums, apricots and mangoes, but each recipe is different. It also contains chilies and it’s both sweet and spicy in flavor.
Can you make it ahead of time?
You can make the pureed mango ahead of time and keep it in the freezer. Take it out 20 to 30 minutes before you want to pour the drinks.
The mango should be thick and iced so don’t let it thaw out if you are able.
Can you use fresh mango?
I prefer to use frozen mango when making mangonadas. The drink should be ice cold and thick and smoothie like.
If you use fresh mango, you can add in some ice cubes to the blender or be sure to chill it well for a few hours.
- Make this a cocktail (Mangonada Margarita!) by adding 1 shot of reposado tequila to each drink.
- These mangonadas are best enjoyed immediately so that the ice doesn’t dilute the drink.
- If you like this spicy fruity drink, you’ll love these lime and chili grilled pineapple slices too.
These mangonadas are so refreshingly delicious! Wonderfully flavorful and the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. I just know you are going to love these!
More Mocktail Recipes we Love
- Citrus Smash Mocktails
- Mock Sangria
- Pineapple Agua Fresca
- Cherry Limeade
- Peach Lemonade
- Copycat Orange Julius recipe
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.