Lavender Lemonade is a fragrant, refreshing, and beautiful drink. This Lavender Lemonade Recipe is the ultimate party drink to make for baby shower drinks, wedding showers, Summer BBQs, and more! Cheers to Spring! This Purple Lemonade is such a pretty sip to bring to any party.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
Lavender Lemonade is my favorite easy mocktail or cocktail to make for every special occasion!
Lavender Lemonade is such a beautiful drink! I just love the pretty purple lemonade for parties and special occasions. This lemonade recipe is perfect for baby shower drinks, bridal showers, or even a simple summer brunch. Whether purple is one of your party theme colors , or you’re just looking for something light and refreshing, this is a great party drink to serve (with or without alcohol!).
Lemonade is so refreshing as is, and it’s actually so easy to make at home. You can prepare this easy lemonade recipe any time, and it’s so good all summer long. Just add in a bit of dried lavender to to give it an extra kick of color and flavor.
Party guests will love this Lavender Lemonade Recipe, both for the taste and because of how pretty it is. Never underestimate a pretty party drink!
Your guests will love this Lavender Lemonade recipe because it’s both refreshing and beautiful to look at! It’s perfect for baby shower drinks, bridal showers, or any summer occasion.
How to Make Lavender Lemonade
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make Lavender Lemonade:
- Lemon Juice
- Dried Lavender
These simple lemonade ingredients are things you probably already have around the house. Just pick up some edible lavender and fresh lemons when you’re ready to make this pretty purple lemonade.
This Lavender Lemonade recipe is so easy to make, but here are a few quick tips:
- First and foremost, fresh lavender is a must!
- I recommend adding some purple or blue food coloring to make the color even brighter and prettier, but that is totally optional. It’s a fun twist if you’re making this mocktail for baby or wedding showers, but it’s totally not necessary.
- Fresh lemonade is so easy to make on a stove, and we are just infusing it with a bit of lavender to kick things up a notch.
- If you want to make this a cocktail, just add in a bit of vodka, whiskey, champagne…whichever type of alcohol you prefer for your drinks.
What kind of lavender can you cook with?
If you’re going to make this Lavender Lemonade Recipe, you’re going to need dried lavender. You’re going to love the fragrant, pretty, and unique flavor combination of the lemon juice and lavender flowers.
Whole Foods sells fresh lavender, but you can also order it on Amazon. You want to be sure you buy lavender meant for eating/cooking, so Whole Foods is an easy way to make sure you’re getting the best kind. Again, not working with them, but they’re such a great spot. They make eating and drinking fun, delicious, and fresh foods (our Vanilla Lavender Scones are one of my favorite brunch recipes!) so easy!
The Perfect Purple Party Drink – Lavender Lemonade
This Lavender Lemonade Recipe is always a party hit. Everyone always asks for the recipe!
Most people haven’t tried a drink like this, but once they do, they’re hooked! I love the zesty citrus and light floral flavor combination. SO DELICIOUS! I can taste it just looking at the pictures. Divine!
Lavender Cocktail Recipe
I made this Lavender Lemonade a non-alcoholic drink, but it can easily be turned into a lavender cocktail! This recipe is kid friendly as is, but is would also be great for an adult only brunch or tailgate party.
Just add a splash of vodka, or whichever alcohol you prefer. The sky is the limit! A bit of champagne would turn it into a nice, bubbly drink for bridal showers or brunch. You could also use tequila instead and make Lavender Margaritas! I think I’m onto something…
This refreshing Lavender Lemonade is going to be a big hit at any party! The light floral flavor mixed with the lemonade is just do tasty.
If you’re looking for more refreshing party drinks, try out these drink recipes:
- Tropical Mimosas
- Pink Champagne Sangria
- Pear Vanilla Coconut Cooler
- Skinny Margarita
- Meyer Lemon Citrus Sangria
See the recipe card below for details on How to Make Lavender Lemonade. Enjoy!
- 6 cups water divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp dried lavender
- 2 cups lemon juice
- Lemon slices and lavender petals for garnish
- Blue or purple food coloring optional
- Over medium heat, combine two cups of water and sugar, bringing to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Turn off of the heat and stir in agave nectar and lavender.
- Allow mixture to steep for 2 hours (less if you want less of a lavender taste). Strain the liquid, pressing the lavender down to make sure you get all of those juices into your mixture!
- In a large pitcher, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice, lavender mixture and water.
- Feel free to add a couple drops of blue or purple food coloring if you want more color than the lavender provides. Makes the lemonade especially cute for those brunches! Serve over ice.