Ready to serve in just 20 minutes, this pan fried tilapia is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Simply seasoned it’s a great go to after a busy day.
Pan Fried Tilapia Recipe
No time to get dinner on the table? I’ve got you covered with this delicious pan fried tilapia.
Be sure to try my parmesan crusted tilapia too!
Why you’ll love this Fried Tilapia recipe:
- HEALTHY: It’s recommended to eat two portions of fish a week. High in essential fatty oils and protein and low in carbs and saturated fat. This is a great recipe to include in your weekly meal rotation
- QUICK AND EASY: With just a few simple seasonings, this dish is quick to prep and cook and is ready to serve in 20 minutes.
- ONE PAN: All cooked on the stovetop in one skillet, clean up is a breeze!
How to make Pan Fried Tilapia
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season the tilapia fillets.
- Fry the fillets on both sides in a skillet with oil and butter.
Can you use frozen fish?
I prefer to use fresh tilapia, but frozen is often more convenient and will still work well. If using frozen, make sure that it is fully defrosted and pat it dry to remove any excess moisture before seasoning and cooking.
Frozen fish tends to hold onto a lot of water which can make it soft and mushy when it is cooked, so thaw it ahead of time and pat it thoroughly with kitchen paper.
What does tilapia taste like?
Tilapia is a white fish that has a firm and flakey texture. It is very mild in flavor and doesn’t have a fishy taste at all. It has a very mild sweetness to it.
What do you serve it with?
This pan fried tilapia recipe is perfect to serve as a quick and easy weeknight meal with your favorite potato and veggie sides. Try it with:
- These fillets can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Take care not to overcook the tilapia. It is quick to cook and only requires a couple of minutes on each side. The fish should flake easily with a fork once it is cooked through.
This pan fried tilapia is such a quick and easy weeknight meal, it’s a great go to after a busy day. Healthy, fresh and so simple!
More Seafood Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!