These delicious homemade fish sticks are easy to make and quick to cook thanks to the air fryer. Pieces of cod are coated in crispy seasoned panko breadcrumbs and cooked to perfection in the air fryer. Ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes.
Homemade Fish Sticks
Whether you enjoy these air fryer fish sticks as a dinner or appetizer, they are hands down delicious.
Breaded with panko, they are extra crispy, and the white fish inside is perfectly cooked and flakey. Serve them up with some tartar or tomato ketchup for dipping or serve them alongside your favorite veggie or potato sides for a quick and easy dinner.
Be sure to try my Air Fryer Crab Cakes and Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets too!
Why You’ll Love this Fish Sticks Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: Simple to prep and quick to cook, you can be enjoying these in less than 30 minutes.
- ONE POT: These are cooked right in the air fryer basket, so even the clean up is a breeze.
- KID FRIENDLY: If you have picky eaters in your house, they are sure to love these! Fish is a great source if low fat protein and the breading is super addictive!
There’s no bad time for these delicious fish sticks! They are so effortless, thanks to the air fryer and every bite is seriously tasty!
How to Make Air Fryer Fish Sticks
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Pat the fish dry and cut into strips.
- Whisk together the flour mix in one bowl, whisk the eggs in another and combine the panko breadcrumbs and seasonings in a third.
- Dredge each piece of fish in the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the air fryer in a single layer til golden brown.
Use any kind of boneless, skinless white fish. I love using cod, but use your favorite white fish.
The fish sticks are cooked through when an instant read thermometer inserted into the fish reads at least 145°F. The breadcrumbs should be golden brown.
While fish sticks are best enjoyed fresh, store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
These fish sticks cook quickly in the air fryer! They take about 8 minutes to cook through – be sure to flip them halfway through cooking.
Great served with dipping sauces, these air fryer fish sticks can also be served as a main with favorite sides like…
However you serve them, it’s guaranteed that these will be a hit with kids of all ages!
- Spray the tops of the fish sticks with oil before cooking. This will help them to get crispy and brown all over.
- Cook the fish sticks in batches. They should be cooked in a single layer.
- For best results, use fresh rather than frozen fish. If using frozen, be sure to thaw it fully and really pat it dry before using.
This classic recipe is always a crowd pleaser. So simple and effortless to make and I love how quickly the cook in the air fryer!
Can I make these fish sticks gluten free?
Yes. To make these gluten free, use gluten free flour and bread crumbs.
Can I bake these in the oven?
If you don’t have an air fryer, don’t fret! Check out my oven baked fish sticks instead!
What is the best way to reheat fish sticks?
Reheat fish sticks in the air fryer or oven set at 350°F until warmed through.
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes We Love
These homemade fish sticks come out so great in the air fryer. The breading is so crispy and the cod in the middle is mild and flakey. This is sure to become a favorite!
More Easy Seafood Recipes to Try:
- Seafood Lasagna
- Crab Rangoon
- Cod Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp
- Salmon Piccata
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Air Fryer Breaded Tilapia
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.