This reindeer food snack mix is perfect to have on hand throughout the holidays! It’s super quick and easy to make a batch of this Christmas puppy chow, and it’s always a crowd pleaser!
Reindeer Munch Puppy Chow
The holidays aren’t complete without some puppy chow and this reindeer food snack mix is super festive!
Filled with all your favorite treats, this chocolate and peanut butter chow is perfect for Christmas snacking and is great for gifting!
Why you’ll love this Reindeer Food Snack Mix:
How to make this reindeer food snack mix
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Melt the chocolate, peanut butter, caramel sauce and butter.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the cereal to coat it.
- Toss the coated cereal in powdered sugar.
- Mix the cereal with the other ingredients and enjoy!
How long does it keep?
Once you have made your reindeer food snack mix, transfer it to an airtight container. It will keep well for up to two weeks at room temperature.
This longer shelf life means it’s great to give as a gift to friends and family.
I made this reindeer chow for Christmas, but you can easily mix things up to serve it as a treat throughout the year.
Swap the red and green candy for orange and black for Halloween and add in mini chocolate eggs for Easter! You can add in any chocolate candies you like!
Can you freeze puppy chow?
If you want to get ahead of things, you can make the coated Chex ahead of time and freeze it for up to 3 months. When you are ready to serve it, thaw the Chex at room temperature and just stir in the candies.
- Using a large bag filled with powdered sugar is the best way to get the Chex fully coated. You can get your kids to help with this bit too!
- You can use rice or corn Chex for this recipe, use whatever your favorite is!
More Snack Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.