Crockpot Chex Mix is the perfect holiday snack! Easy to make in the slow cooker, this crunchy snack mix is a must-make. Chex cereal, pretzels, nuts, and cheese crackers are all tossed together with seasoned butter to make each bite delightfully flavorful.
What’s in Slow Cooker Chex Mix
There’s nothing complicated about this homemade chex mix! It’s made with just a few everyday ingredients, and using the Crock Pot makes it so easy.
- Chex Cereal: It can be any combination of corn, rice, or wheat.
- Tiny Pretzels: I recommend using plain salted mini pretzels with no additional flavors, since we’ll be creating our own flavored butter.
- Cheese Snack Crackers: Any brand will work!
- Nuts: I like to use mixed nuts for varying textures. Feel free to use mixed nuts like me or whatever your favorite is.
- Butter: You can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe. If using salted, decrease the amount of added salt a little.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This is what gives the snack mix its signature savory flavor.
- Seasoning Salt: You can swap this with plain salt. If you do use plain salt instead, I recommend sprinkling in some paprika and black pepper to add a little extra flavor.
- Garlic Powder: You can always add a little more for some extra garlicky flavor.
- Onion Powder: This ingredient is also found in seasoning salt. I love to enhance it because it really does wonders for the overall flavor of the butter!
Pro Tip: Toss the mix well in the seasoned butter, so that each piece is well coated for maximum flavor.
Is there any way to make this Chex mix spicy?
If you prefer your snacks on a spicy side, you can add a little cayenne pepper or red chili flakes to the butter and other seasonings.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
Yes! If you have a gluten intolerance, just be sure to use gluten-free cereals, pretzels and crackers and you are good to go!
Once cooked, it’s important to let the mix cool completely before storing. Spread the mix out onto parchment lined baking sheets in a single layer to allow the air to circulate. This will cool and harden the seasonings and keep the cereals nice and crisp.
Crockpot Chex mix is flavored with Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder all mixed together in melted butter.
How to Store
Once you have cooked and cooled the Chex mix, transfer it to an airtight container. Keep it at room temperature, out of direct sunlight, and it will keep well for up to 3 weeks. Though I doubt it will last that long!
I love having homemade snacks on hand during the holidays. Something to serve up with a few drinks with friends, and something to keep little mouths happy during the long days! It’s a perfect addition to game day too!