Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are a slimmed down version of my favorite flavors! The ultimate party food!
I don’t think “obsession” is even a strong enough word for how I feel about these Slimmed Down BLUE CHEESE STUFFED Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. I mean…Its Buffalo Chicken, Stuffed with Blue Cheese, and put in a Crock Pot. Is this what heaven is like??
I adapted this recipe from one of my all-time favorite blogs, Inspired By Charm. I’m almost as obsessed with Inspired By Charm as I am with these meatballs. Michael has beautiful photography, creative recipes, and impeccable taste. Please check him out if you haven’t already!
I love love LOVE these, but I’m not going to lie and say they’re my favorite thing to make. I don’t like messes, and these were messy. Ground chicken is kind of a pain to work with. But put that out of your mind. Carry on…get messy…they’re worth it. SO worth it. I just love the way the creamy blue cheese interacts with the spicy baked on Buffalo sauce. They’re very spicy; you’ve been warned! (You could buy a mild buffalo/wing sauce if you’d like to cut the spice. Also, dipping in ranch makes them less spicy and tastes amazing!)
Football season is closing in on us. (YAY!) You need to find some amazing tailgate recipes for the season. Buffalo Chicken is all the rage. You could bring regular Buffalo Chicken Dip. Heck, you could even bring Beer Cheese Buffalo Chicken Dip. But what people will realllly go crazy for are these Blue Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. But you better make a double batch. Trust me.
- 1 pound of lean ground chicken
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon powdered ranch dip mix (or low-fat ranch)
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup of your favorite buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- With a fork, stir together chicken, garlic, ranch, egg, and bread crumbs until mixed. Using an ice cream scoop (or your hands), mold the mixture into meatballs.
- Press a cube of blue cheese into the center of each meatball then fold the mixture around the cheese and press together. Roll into a ball so that the cheese is completely covered.
- Place meatballs on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Place the meatballs in a slow cooker with the butter and buffalo wing sauce. Place on high for about 20 minutes until hot. Keep on warm while serving.
- Makes about 16 meatballs. Enjoy!