These delicious Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are so simple to make! Ground chicken mixed with cheese, basil and garlic then covered in your favorite marinara sauce. So satisfying and perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
The great flavors of chicken parmesan but in a meatball, you’ve got two Italian classics in one! Using ground chicken gives you juicy meatballs that melt in the mouth. Whipped up in one pan and oven baked to perfection, these little balls of loveliness will be a hit with the whole family.
Why You’ll Love This Baked Meatball Recipe:
- AN EASY SHEET PAN MEAL: Made mainly with pantry staples, this easy meatball recipe comes together in less than 30 mins.
- BAKED MEATBALLS: Just pop these beauties in the oven, they’ll come out crispy edged and succulent in the middle. Foolproof!
- GREAT FOR MEAL PREP: Perfect for make ahead meals, these meatballs freeze really well.
Not just for dinner, these chicken parm meatballs are great for game day – whack them in slider buns – yum!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a large bowl, mix your meatball ingredients and add the ground chicken.
- Roll your mix into evenly sized meatballs.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven.
- Warm your marinara sauce.
- Toss meatballs in the sauce, serve with a additional parmesan and chopped parsley.
Chicken Meatball Recipe Notes
Egg: Binds the meatballs together.
Breadcrumbs: Add texture and prevent soggy meatballs.
Cheese: Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses add nutty flavor and creaminess.
Basil: Adds freshness.
Seasonings: Garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes add flavor.
Chicken: These wouldn’t be chicken meatballs without ground chicken! Instead of chicken, try lean ground beef or pork.
Olive Oil: Coats the meatballs so they crisp on the outside and stay moist inside.
These meatballs are not naturally gluten free. To make gluten free chicken meatballs, simply use gluten free breadcrumbs instead.
Instead of ground chicken, use lean ground beef, pork, turkey, or a combination of ground meats.
Use your favorite kind of store-bought or homemade marinara sauce. I love this recipe for homemade marinara sauce!
Absolutely! Instead of oiling the baking sheet, line it with parchment paper. Before baking, spray the meatballs with olive oil cooking spray to help them crisp up in the oven.
Chicken meatballs are cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Meatballs can be tough for a number of reasons. Meat shrinks as it cooks, so I use binders (egg and breadcrumbs) to add mass and moisture. Be sure to add and incorporate the binders thoroughly. Meatballs can also get tough from being packed too tightly. When forming the meatballs, do not compress them. Instead, form them gently using as little pressure as possible. As a general rule, try to handle the meatball mixture as little as possible.
These meatballs are great over pasta, with rice or even mashed potatoes. You can serve them up with all kinds of sides, here are some favorites:
- Homemade Hawaiian Rolls
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
This recipe for chicken meatballs is so simple you’ll easily be able to memorize it!
Store leftover meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Prepare the meatballs through step 6. Place cooled meatballs on a single layer on a baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, allow the meatballs to thaw in the refrigerator, reheat in the oven, and serve tossed in warm sauce.
Tip for Perfect Meatballs
- For uniform, consistent meatballs (and cleaner hands), use a 2 or 3 tablespoon-sized cookie scoop! This ensures that the meatballs are the same size and bake evenly.
- Be gentle when forming your meatballs, don’t pack them too tightly or they will be tough. A lighter touch gives you the perfect texture!
- Be sure to use a pre heated oven.
More Meatball Recipes We Love
- Sweet and Spicy Cocktail Meatballs
- Grandma’s Best Meatballs
- Swedish Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Ready in less than 30 mins, these easy chicken meatballs are packed with flavor and super versatile! Have the on your weekly rota or serve them up for game day – you can’t lose!
More Italian Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Cheesy Bruschetta Chicken
- Tuscan Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Chicken Marsala
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.