Cheeseburger Sliders are a fun and easy meal perfect for those busy school nights or fun game days! There’s nothing better than these easy baked sliders for feeding a hungry crowd. This is one of our favorite Super Bowl Recipes.
What’s in this Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe?
I simply cannot get enough baked sliders in my life. Being a parent is busy, especially around back to school, and these cheeseburger sliders are just one way to make things easier.
- Ground Beef: These sliders are made using a huge ground beef burger patty! It’s easy to make and provides a tasty and juicy base for our cheeseburgers. We recommend using lean ground beef.
- Sautéed Onion: Although optional, the sautéed onions are my favorite part of these sliders. We usually add them to half the pan to make sure everyone at the party can enjoy a slider.
- Hawaiian Rolls: I love the subtle sweetness that using Hawaiian roll slider buns provides. You can use your favorite rolls if you prefer.
- Quality Cheese: We used cheddar, Swiss, pepper jack, and provolone. It was fun to make every cheeseburger a little different. Use your favorite quality cheese slices and don’t be afraid to get creative! We might try pub cheese for the Super Bowl!
- Sesame Butter Spread: This really takes the flavor profile up a notch! It’s a simple addition that we hope you try.
Pro Tip: Check the internal temperature of the meat in the center of the pan with an instant-read thermometer. Use my burger temperature chart to find the perfect temp for you!
Variations on Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
We have chosen to make our baked sliders with bacon, onion, and cheese, but there are so many ways you can change things up and keep things fun. Here are some ideas of how to customize this recipe next time you make it:
- Add some peanut butter! Have you ever heard of a goober burger? It’s a cheeseburger topped with peanut butter. Sounds weird but trust me; they’re delish.
- Add other toppings such as tomatoes, bacon, pickles, or more! Any ingredients that won’t wilt (aka lettuce) would be a great addition to these baked burgers!
- Get creative with the cheese selection. Remember that Borden® Cheese Snack Bars come in four flavors, so try them all when making these Baked Cheeseburgers!
- Use Chicken or Turkey instead of Beef. Any ground meat will work in this fun and easy recipe. Win! Buffalo Chicken would be a fun variation!
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover cheeseburger sliders in an airtight container, or wrapped tightly in aluminum foil for up to 4 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until warmed through.
How to Freeze
Freeze these baked sliders individually wrapped in 2 layers of plastic wrap and 1 layer of aluminum foil for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
The great thing about these cheeseburger sliders is that they’re so versatile. You can serve them on their own as an appetizer, or serve them with everything from French fries to soft pretzels. Some of my favorite kid-friendly sides are avocado fries, baked sweet potato chips, tater tots, corn ribs, and loaded mac and cheese.
“This is bar none one of the most delicious recipes I have ever made. My husband was over the moon! Thank you!!” – Lisa