Cheeseburger Sliders are a fun and easy meal perfect for those busy school nights or fun game days! There’s nothing better than this easy Pull Apart Baked Sliders Recipe for feeding a hungry crowd. This is one of our favorite Super Bowl Recipes.
Baked Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe
Cheeseburger Sliders are such a fun snack to feed the family. You can have a pan hot and ready the second it’s dinner time- the perfect, quick after school dinner recipe when schedules are busy.
Baked Burger Sliders make feeding a crowd super simple, and you can customize toppings according to who’s eating! Easy, fun, and delicious.
I simply cannot get enough baked cheeseburger sliders in my life. Being a parent is BUSY, especially around back to school, and these Cheeseburger Sliders are just one way to make things easier.
Kids and adults alike crave these bite sized burgers, making them the perfect back to school dinner fix for your family. They’re the perfect potluck food too!
We have made baked sliders before, but somehow these Cheeseburger Sliders just feel extra perfect for closing out Summer and ringing in the school year.
These Burger Sliders are baked, but still make me think of Summer grilling. Lucky for us, this recipe is SO MUCH easier than firing up a grill!
Make back to school that much more delicious with this fun and easy Baked Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe!
Cheeseburger Slider Ingredients
- Ground Beef: These sliders are made using a huge ground beef burger patty! It’s easy to make and provides a tasty and juicy base to our cheeseburgers. We recommend using lean ground beef.
- Hawaiian Rolls: I love the subtle sweetness that using Hawaiian Roll Slider Buns provides. You can use your favorite rolls if you prefer.
- Sesame Butter Spread: This really takes the flavor profile up a notch! It’s a simple addition that we hope you try.
- Sautéed Onion: Although optional, the sautéed onions are my favorite part of these Cheeseburger Sliders. We usually add them to half the pan to make sure everyone at the party can enjoy a slider.
- Quality Cheese: We used cheddar, Swiss, pepper jack, and provolone. It was fun to make every cheeseburger a little different. Use your favorite quality cheese slices and don’t be afraid to get creative! We might try pub cheese for the Super Bowl!
How to Make Cheeseburger Sliders
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Combine the beef and spices in a bowl. Press the beef into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish into a flat and even layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Drain the liquid and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in the diced onion and stir to combine. Cook until onion is translucent and fragrant. Drain excess oil FULLY and set aside.
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half in the same baking dish.
- Top the bottom half of the rolls with the cooked beef, then the onion, then slices of cheese in a single layer. Top with the top half of the rolls.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter and spices for the butter topping.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter mixture and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the Borden® Cheese Snack Bars are melty.
- Slice into individual sliders and serve hot.
What to serve with Baked Cheeseburger Sliders
The great thing about these Baked Cheeseburgers is they’re SO versatile. You can serve them on their own as an appetizer, or serve them with everything from waffle fries to pretzels.
Here are some ideas of great sides to serve with these awesome Cheeseburger Sliders. These are all kid-friendly and family approved!
Ways to customize Cheeseburger Sliders
We have chosen to make our Baked Cheeseburgers with bacon, onion, and cheese, but there are so many ways you can change things up and keep things fun. Here are some ideas of how to customize this recipe next time you make it:
- Add some peanut butter! Have you ever heard of a goober burger? It’s a cheeseburger topped with peanut butter. Sounds weird but TRUST ME they’re delish.
- Add other toppings such as tomatoes, bacon, pickles, or more! Any ingredients that won’t wilt (aka lettuce) would be a great addition to these baked burgers!
- Get creative with the cheese selection. Remember that Borden® Cheese Snack Bars come in four flavors, so try them all when making these Baked Cheeseburgers!
- Use Chicken or Turkey instead of Beef. Any ground meat will work in this fun and easy Cheeseburger Slider Recipe. WIN! Buffalo Chicken would be a fun variation!
We hope you love these Baked Cheeseburger Sliders as much as we do. We had so much fun making them, and even more fun eating them! I think they’re the perfect recipe for feeding that crowd of hungry kids when they come home from school.
Henry already loves these, and he’s not even two! I have a feeling we will be making these for years to come.
More Slider Recipes
Sliders are some of the best food to serve at parties, whether it’s game day (a must have Super Bowl food), a BBQ, a potluck, or just a casual family gathering. Here are some of our favorites slider recipes for all occasions:
If you like this hamburger sliders recipe, be sure to check out some of our other favorite burger recipes!
More Burger Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
When I prebaked the hamburger, I used an instant read thermometer to check for doneness. I did use the glaze recipe. The whole family enjoyed these sandwiches. Simple to make and a delicious new menu item for my family. When something is new at our house and we like it, it becomes “part of the rotation”.
I’m so happy to hear it has made the rotation, Sue!
I’m about to make this cheeseburger sliders recipe but I think there is an error in your instructions. The directions says to use Borden Cheese Snack Bars, but your video looks like you’re using cheese slices instead.
Also, you say to cook the meat in a 9×13 pan, drain the meat and place the bottom half of rolls in the same baking dish. But your video shows the rolls in a different baking dish.
“”Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half in the same baking dish.””
Just thought you’d like to know of this discrepancy in your recipe.
I am looking forward to trying this tonight! :-)
Hi, I sometimes add notes to recipes that contradict the videos when I’ve discovered an easier way to do something or a product I like better than what I originally used. Hope this makes sense!
I made these for my family. Followed the instructions to a T. I’m not sure what happened but when I cut into them they were completely RAW! Basically in the over for 40 minutes and it was still raw. Highly disappointed 😔
Oh, no! Did you by any chance bake the beef in a pan that was smaller than 9×13? A smaller pan would make thicker beef that would take longer to cook.
Same thing happened to me. And the buns were burnt. 😕
I’d love to help you troubleshoot! I recommend getting an oven thermometer to ensure your oven is reaching the correct temperature! As I said above, using a pan that is smaller than 9×13 can also affect the results.
Made these for Sunday night football and loved them, thank you! I just spread melted butter on top and added sesame seeds because I was lazy, but they were still great.
So glad you enjoyed them, Katie!
My kids were not fans of the butter spread flavoring but I enjoyed it. Next time I will put aluminum foil under the buns because the bottoms stuck and ruined the sandwich. Good thing I had extra buns!
I’m sorry your buns stuck! Thanks for sharing your tip!
Can I make these a day ahead of time? If so, what do you recommend?
I would say you can make the beef and onions one day ahead, but I wouldn’t recommend assembling on the rolls until the day of, or the rolls may become soggy!
This is bar none one of the most delicious recipes I have ever made. My husband was over the moon! Thank you!!
So glad you enjoyed it, Lisa!
This is one of my favorite recipes and I’m adding it to my binder! They are absolutely delicious!! Making them tomorrow for my cousin’s who are visiting (&we had them a few days ago too) 😁
So glad you enjoyed them, Steph!
Very tasty. Would make again.
I love to hear that!
What is the best way to reheat leftover sliders? Oven or is microwave possible?
Oven works well for reheating!