These PERUVIAN CHICKEN MEATBALLS WITH GREEN SAUCE are the perfect holiday or Super Bowl appetizer! The Peruvian green sauce, made with a parsley base, is just the right amount of spicy. The drop meatballs are just the right amount of easy. It comes together to create the perfect recipe!
Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Peruvian Chicken Meatballs are so delicious, especially when paired with this amazing green sauce recipe. Easy drop meatballs make the perfect easy appetizer!
My mom makes this AMAZING Peruvian Chicken with Green Sauce, and it’s a big family favorite. It’s such a simple recipe, but it’s so full of flavor you wouldn’t believe it. For this holiday season, we thought it would be so good in appetizer form!
We have been on a bit of a meatball kick lately, so I thought that would be the perfect way to turn this favorite recipe into a snackable hit. These Chicken Meatballs are extra easy, because they’re DROP MEATBALLS, which means you don’t have to get your hands as dirty. I really appreciate that, because making meatballs can be less than pleasant sometimes…
These Peruvian Chicken Meatballs with Green Sauce should be at all of your holiday parties this year: Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Super Bowl Sunday, all of them. I promise they’ll be a huge hit!
Make these Peruvian Chicken Meatballs with an amazing Green Sauce to serve at your next party. Drop Meatballs make the perfect appetizer for any occasion!
Peruvian Green Sauce
You guys, this green sauce is AMAZING. It’s easier to just call it green sauce, instead of calling it THE MOST AMAZING SAUCE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD MADE WITH CILANTRO, BASIL, JALAPENO, and so much more. It’s one of my favorite sauces ever, and I know you’re going to love it. We are just so addicted! I love it so much, I wrote a full recipe about this green Aji Verde Sauce here. Get more details on how to make this and some other ways to use it!
Easy Drop Meatballs (Chicken, Turkey, or Beef)
I love these delicious drop meatballs paired with the green sauce. I used chicken, but you can also use turkey or beef if you prefer. No matter what kind of meat you use, this recipe comes out tasting amazing!
The drop meatballs are super easy to make, and less messy than regular meatballs too. Use a small scoop to make 1-inch chicken meatballs, then DROP them onto a baking sheet to cook. No messy hands here!
Recommended Products to make these Drop Meatballs
It’s important to have amazing appetizers on hand for Christmas and New Year’s Eve. It’s even more important to have amazing appetizers on hand for the Super Bowl! (which will be here before we all know it) Bookmark this Chicken Meatball recipe, because I have a feeling it will be a family favorite for you, just like it is for us.
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Peruvian Chicken Meatballs with Green Sauce. Enjoy!
Try some of our other favorite meatball recipes too:
- Swedish Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatballs
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatballs
- Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
- Orange Marmalade Meatballs
- 1 cup Peruvian Green Sauce (click for recipe)
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1- teaspoon ground cumin
- 1- teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1- tablespoon brown sugar
- 1- teaspoon ginger paste or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce or Soy Sauce
- Combine all ingredients except the mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt) in a food processor fitted with the metal blade, a blender or a stick blender. If using a food processor (see note below), process on HIGH until a smooth paste forms. This could take a few minutes. Pause every minute to push the paste down from the sides with a rubber spatula. Once a smooth paste is created, add the oil with the processor on HIGH and process until paste is fully homogenous. Taste and, if necessary, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- *Note – if using a blender or a stick blender, add all except the mayonnaise. After the paste forms, add the mayonnaise or Greek yogurt and process 2 minutes on HIGH.
- Using a blender or stick blender creates a smoother paste.
- Refrigerate and reheat if using at a later date.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix gently until all ingredients are well incorporated. Cover and refrigerate 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- After meat has been seasoned at least 30 minutes, remove it from the refrigerator. Scoop the ground chicken with a 1-inch scoop and drop the “meatballs” onto the prepared baking sheet with 1 inch between each meatball. Place the meatballs in the preheated oven and bake 12-15 minutes until meatballs are just cooked through. Do not overbake.
- Remove meatballs from oven.
- Pour enough sauce in a small skillet to cover the bottom of the pan. Place the meatballs over the green sauce and cook over medium-low heat until sauce is heated through and meatballs are hot.
- Drizzle the tops of the meatballs with green sauce and serve immediately.
- *The meatballs can be made up to two days ahead and the sauce up to 5 days ahead.