CINCO DE MAYO IS ONLY 9 DAYS AWAY!
I have made a lot of drinks on my blog, but these Cherry Limeade Margaritas are one of the tastiest and easiest.. This will definitely be my cocktail of choice for Cinco De Mayo! These are tart and sweet at the same time, something to cherish. Sipping on this deliciousness seems to be the perfect way to welcome in the summer months!! If you’re still looking for the perfect Margarita to celebrate with next weekend, this is just the ticket!
As a kid, my very favorite drink in the WORLD was a cherry limeade from Sonic. Are there Sonics everywhere?? Or just in the midwest? If they’re just in the midwest…ya’ll are missing out! When I order a cherry limeade now, they just taste like summer. So refreshing and good. Want to take them up a notch? How ’bout a Cherry Limeade Margarita! Yes please :)
One of the best things about this drink is how easy and quick it is to prepare. You can’t go wrong with a cocktail needing only three ingredients!! All you need Limeade Concentrate, Tart Cherry Juice, and Tequila!! Sounds like the perfect summer drink to me! Summer cocktails should not be complicated. Summer cocktails should be as easy as possible. I cannot wait until summer rolls in and frozen drinks outside by the pool are a reality!! This will be the first drink I make for people. A taste of summer, one sip at a time. I have a batch ready and waiting for when my husband gets home…now we just need hot weather and a pool. Missouri weather doesn’t want to cooperate. (they’re still good even without the hot weather and the pool) Looking for a great, low-cal food pairing for these badboys?? Try our Skinny Baked Chicken Fajitas!! Happy Cinco De Mayo! Be sure to check out this post, as well as TONS of other fun recipes, at celebrations.com.
Cherry Limeade Margaritas are the perfect summer cocktail
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 can water (use the can from the limeade concentrate)
- 2 tablespoons tart cherry juice concentrate (I found this in the organic juice section of my grocery store. Grenadine will also work, but tart cherry juice is better if you can find it)
- 3 tablespoons good tequila (about 2 shots)
- Ice, ice, and more ice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and fill with ice.
- Blend on high/ice crush until smooth. Add more ice if needed.
- Top with maraschino cherries and lime slices.