There are few things better on a hot summer day than a Root Beer Float! What could be better…? An Alcoholic Root Beer Float! These are so fun, they look great and they’re easy to make.
When summer is in full swing, mix up your cocktail game with an Alcoholic Root Beer Float! Your BBQ wouldn’t be complete without this fun twist on an old favorite, combining three of my favorite things: Good root beer, vanilla bean ice cream, and vanilla vodka. So simple, so tasty.
Why this is so good
- A boozy twist on a summer favorite!
- Easy to make, with only 3 ingredients.
- Use your favorite root beer/vodka/ice cream.
- A fun alternative to classic cocktails.
- Vanilla Vodka – I like Smirnoff, it’s smooth and clean tasting.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – use your favorite.
- Root Beer – I love IBC!
How to make this Alcoholic Root Beer Float
Add 2-3 scoops of ice cream to a glass, then pour halfway up with root beer and a shot of vodka. Finally top with root beer.
A great summer cocktail!
An adult beverage, refreshing cold drink, and dessert all in one, this Adult Root Beer Float will be so fun to enjoy with friends and family while celebrating the beginning of summer. (if summer ever begins. if not, pretend)
Best root beer for a root beer float
Everybody will have their own thoughts on this, but my favorite Root Beer has always been IBC. My dad used to buy it by the case and swear that there was no better Root Beer in America. I have tried many different types, and have never found one I like better. This drink will work with whatever your favorite type is; whichever type brings back the best memories.
Throw in some vanilla vodka and creamy vanilla bean ice cream, and you have a truly delicious and refreshing adult beverage! Perfect for Memorial Day. Enjoy!
What alcohol goes well with a root beer float?
This Alcoholic Root Beer Float use vodka, it has a light and subtle flavor, vodka goes with nearly everything. I’m particularly fond of the combination of root beer with a flavored vodka like vanilla! This sweet and tasty combination of vanilla and root beer will take you right back to your childhood.
You could also try rum. Root beer goes great with rum, as they share a sweet, vanilla-y flavor. This combination is particularly good with a strong, spiced rum like The Kraken, which has a dark and rich flavor which complements the lighter, fizzy root beer.
- Serve with a straw and a spoon!
- Pour the root beer in slowly at an angle to reduce fizz and risk of overflow.
- Start with two scoops, but you can do more if you prefer to enjoy your floats with a spoon instead of a straw.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Check out these other delicious cocktails
- Toasted S’mores Martini with Marshmallow Vodka
- German Chocolate Cake Martini (Chocolate Martini Recipe)
- Raspberry Sorbet Pink Champagne Floats
- Lime Sherbet Punch (St. Patrick’s Day Punch)
Have you tried this Alcoholic Root Beer Float? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!