This BEST MARGARITA RECIPE is the only recipe for margaritas you will ever need! This Perfect Margarita Pitcher Recipe is perfect for serving a crowd, made with simple and fresh ingredients, and utterly delicious. There has never been a more perfect margarita! We have written the margarita recipe to serve one or as many as 24.
BEST Margarita Recipe
This Best Margarita Recipe resulted in the quest to find the Perfect Margarita Pitcher Recipe. The hunt for the ultimate Cinco de Mayo drinks and snacks begins early…usually on May 6th of the previous year. I’m always up for some Tacos and Tequila, and although I have a lot of Margarita Recipes on my site…I’ve never made just a perfect classic margarita that is great for serving a crowd.
I have made everything from a Skinny Margarita to Spicy Blackberry Margarita with SO many tequila recipes in between. Some of my favorites have been our Summer Shandy, Tequila Sunrise, and White Wine Margaritas.
Those recipes are fun, unique, and delicious, but I always crave a classic cocktail. This BEST MARGARITA RECIPE is the classic Perfect Margarita Pitcher Recipe I’ve been waiting for. I can’t wait for you to try it!
This Pitcher Margarita recipe is a MUST for every Taco Tuesday celebration. Get your friends together, make some tacos, a pitcher (or 2) of these margaritas, and enjoy! Check the full Taco Night Guide for more tips, ideas, & recipes.
What is the best tequila for a perfect margarita recipe?
When making margaritas, I always opt for one that isn’t the most expensive, and isn’t the cheapest. You want a quality tequila that is smooth and well made, but there’s no reason to break the bank when you’re not sipping it straight. For these Perfect Margaritas we recommend using a Reposado Tequila which is typically smoother than a Blanco or Anejo Tequila. Once we made that change in this recipe, it made all the difference.
How do you make a Cadillac Margarita?
When you order a Cadillac Margarita at a restaurant, that usually means they’re using top shelf liquor. I think they should change the name to Bentley Margarita or something extra snazzy.
What makes this the best Margarita Recipe?
We LOVE this margarita because it tastes fresh, isn’t too sweet, and is made with simple ingredients. It is super smooth, so watch out! It works great as a single serving, or as an entire pitcher. You’re going to love this Best Margarita Recipe!
How many people does this Margarita Pitcher Recipe serve?
We have written the recipe below for just one serving and also for 24 servings in a large pitcher. You decide if it’s worth sharing with friends. This is one I might just keep all to myself.
Is Triple Sec and Cointreau the same thing?
Cointreau is a brand of Triple Sec, so technically yes. Cointreau is a trusted brand from France and their Orange Liqueur is delicious! I find some Triple Sec has a bitter or fake taste, but not Cointreau.
Tips for making the Perfect Margarita Recipe
- We like to keep our tequila in the freezer to create the coldest best margarita recipe possible with the least amount of ice. I don’t want to water this deliciousness down!
- I also love to use a little lime zest in the salt rim for a fresh, bright citrus taste.
- If you want an even fresher taste, you can add a splash of freshly squeezed orange juice!
- The important thing about serving pitcher margaritas is you STILL NEED TO SHAKE before serving. You can make the mix ahead of time and having it in the pitcher, but you should still pour 3-4 servings at a time into a shaker with ice and shake before pouring in your salt rimmed glass. This makes ALL the difference and is the SECRET to perfect pitcher margaritas. Stirring doesn’t cut it. Please promise me you’ll do this!!
- If you’re serving for a crowd of more than 24 people, this Margarita Pitcher Recipe is easily doubled. We want to make your life as easy, fun, and delicious as possible!
ALL The Best Margarita Recipes
Okay, so this is the best of the best when it comes to margaritas. It’s classic, it’s simple, and it makes plenty for a crowd. But as a (self-proclaimed) margarita aficionado, I have tons of really delicious recipes for margaritas around here.
Here are a few more favorites
And if you want ALL of our recipes, head over to our Ultimate Margaritas Guide for more than 30 recipes!
So now all we have left to do is decide what to eat with our Best Ever Margaritas! I recommend our
Watch the video or see the recipe card below for details on How to Make the BEST Margarita Recipe. Cheers!