You’d never guess this SUPER HEALTHY CABBAGE SOUP has ZERO Weight Watchers Points! Filled with veggies and tons of flavor, this is a favorite healthy comfort food recipe!
I haven’t been posting many healthy recipes these days. I mean, this week I posted Chili Dogs and a Texas Sheet Cake Skillet. I’m not the best at living the healthy lifestyle, but some days call for detox. Some days I crave easy recipes that also happen to be good for me! I know, imagine that. To be honest, before this recipe, I had never had Cabbage Soup. I wasn’t sure what to think and was skeptical at best.
BUT, this super healthy cabbage soup recipe is DELICIOUS! Packed full of flavor and skinny, all at the same time!
I wasn’t sure that I could like skinny comfort food this much. Such a great thing to realize! I know tomorrow I’ll be back to the cheesy, but today, I feel pretty proud of the healthy! Healthy Cabbage Soup for everyone!
I love that this soup has ZERO Weight Watchers Points.
What’s stopping you from trying my healthy cabbage soup recipe?? I think you might just love it! Enjoy :)
- 3 cups nonfat, low sodium beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray a large pot with olive oil spray.
- Saute onions, carrots, and garlic over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent and the carrots soften.
- Add the broth, tomato paste, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, and all spices. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the veggies are all tender to your liking.
- Add the zucchini and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped chives or thyme if desired. Enjoy!
If you love cabbage, my blogging friends have some healthy cabbage recipes I think you’ll love, too.
5 Minute Stir Fried Cabbage, from Cookin’ Canuck.
Cabbage Rolls with Turkey Sausage and Farro, from It’s Yummi.
Red Cabbage and Dill Slaw, from The View From Great Island.
Low Carb Fish Taco Cabbage Bowl, from Kalyn’s Kitchen.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR OTHER FAVORITE HEALTHY RECIPES!