You’d never guess this SUPER HEALTHY CABBAGE SOUP has ZERO Weight Watchers Points! Filled with veggies and tons of flavor, this is a favorite healthy comfort food recipe!
I haven’t been posting the most healthy recipes these days. I mean, this week I posted Chili Dogs and a Texas Sheet Cake Skillet. I’m not the best at living the healthy lifestyle, but some days call for detox. Some days I crave easy recipes that also happen to be good for me! I know, imagine that. To be honest, before this recipe, I had never had Cabbage Soup. I wasn’t sure what to think and was skeptical at best. BUT, it’s DELICIOUS! Packed full of flavor and skinny, all at the same time!
I wasn’t sure that I could like skinny comfort food this much. Such a great thing to realize! I know tomorrow I’ll be back to the cheesy, but today, I feel pretty proud of the healthy! Healthy Cabbage Soup for everyone!
I love that this soup is ZERO Weight Watchers Points. What’s stopping you from trying it?? I think you might just love it! Enjoy :)
- 3 cups nonfat, low sodium beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray a large pot with olive oil spray.
- Saute onions, carrots, and garlic over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent and the carrots soften.
- Add the broth, tomato paste, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, and all spices. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the veggies are all tender to your liking.
- Add the zucchini and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped chives or thyme if desired. Enjoy!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR OTHER FAVORITE HEALTHY RECIPES!