Skinny Mexican Grilled Corn is the perfect Summer side dish for BBQs! So easy and flavorful!
I’ve been a bit MIA on the recipes lately! There has been SO much going on at The Cookie Rookie! Mom started her site, Simply Sated, and its doing awesome! I’m so excited for her. If you haven’t checked it out, please stop by her blog and give her some love! She has inspired every recipe on this page, so if you like my recipes, you will LOVE hers. We are going to do an official launch in a couple weeks (with a big givewaway!)…stay tuned :)
The Cookie Rookie also got a site redesign!! I would call it more of a makeUNDER than a makeover. I wanted simple simple simple. I’m so excited about how it turned out, and so grateful to Julie at Blogger Boutique for turning my design ideas into reality! If you’re looking to redo your site, Julie is awesome. So was also soooo quick. I couldn’t believe how fast she worked. The site has a new look, new logo, and even a recipe index (FINALLY). THANK YOU JULIE!
But enough about all that. Let’s get cookin’!
We had our families over for Memorial Day and used our deck/grill for the first time!! We built our house last June, but had to wait to build a deck. (I guess money doesn’t grow on trees after all) It was finally completed a couple months ago, and after begging Pat like a spoiled child, he finally agreed that my dream outdoor furniture was much needed! Yay! It was so fun to finally put it all to good use. First up…Skinny Mexican Grilled Corn. Easy and delish. I’ve seen a lot of variations of this fun recipe on pinterest. I used some ideas from several recipes, and lightened them up by using Greek Yogurt instead of Mayonnaise. It tastes fresh, delicious, and perfect for summer. One taste and Pat realized I was right about the deck furniture. Great food always helps me change his mind. One day he will just trust me that I’m always right.
Skinny Mexican Grilled Corn is the perfect Summer side dish!
4 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
14 minTotal Time
- 4 ears of fresh Sweet Corn (shucked)
- 2 T plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 T lite sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash (opt)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Light Olive Oil or Olive Oil Spray
- In a small bowl, mix together greek yogurt and sour cream. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, Mrs. Dash (opt), and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spray or brush each ear of corn lightly with olive oil
- Grill for approximately 10 minutes, turning often to avoid burning. The corn should brown in places and be cooked through.
- Take corn off of grill and brush with Greek Yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle with spice mixture, cheese, and cilantro
- Squeeze lime wedges over each piece of corn.