MEXICAN STREET CORN SALSA is my favorite spicy corn dip, just perfect for every occasion! Roasted corn, feta, lime juice, sour cream, cilantro, pico de gallo, and more!
With the 4th of July just days away, my mind is in a mad scramble to figure out everything I want to cook for the big day. Burgers, brats, pasta salads, you name it. So many great recipes out there for the party of the year. We will be having sangrias, pies, and more. With all the good food around, this Mexican Street Corn Salsa is one of my very favorite dishes; combining two of my faves, street corn and salsa (<—- I know…shocking!). I love this Mexican Street Corn Salsa on its own, as a dip with crispy blue corn chips, or as a garnish on everything from tacos to chicken. It’s the ultimate appetizer or side dish, just perfect for the Fourth of July. I know it’s short notice, but you still have time to make this for Tuesday’s festivities!
I’m so thrilled to have signed on for another year of ambassadorship with Old El Paso, my very favorite brand for making easy and delicious meals at home. You guys have been with me the past 2 years cooking up everything from Inside Out Chicken Enchiladas, to Baked Chicken Tacos, all the way to Spicy Blackberry Margaritas. Old El Paso is second to none and I’m never without their products in my pantry. For this Mexican Street Corn Salsa I used their Jalapenos and Green Chiles. The Green Chiles are one of my favorite ingredients on the planet!
I’ve made a couple versions of street corn before. On the grill, in cheesy dip form, and in a lightened up version. I love them all, but this mix of street corn and salsa really has my heart. It’s just so much flavor and so little effort. My kind of recipe indeed.
If you’re looking for the perfect side dish for the 4th, look no further! This Mexican Street Corn Salsa is just the thing!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
4.6 based on 11 review(s)
- 2 (10 ounce) bags frozen corn, microwaved according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¾ cup light sour cream
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 8-10 Old El Paso Jalapeno slices, finely chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso Green Chiles, drained
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo (or if you prefer a soupier texture, you can use a cup of your favorite salsa)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat corn in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Once cooked, transfer to a skillet and toss in the olive oil, cooking just long enough to char the corn to your liking.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. If you need to freshen it up a bit, add another ½ tablespoon of lime juice and stir before serving.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
This post was written in partnership with Old El Paso. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks so much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!