Homemade Banana Breakfast Cookies are chewy, hearty, and loaded with flavor. Made with real bananas and studded with chocolate chips, these cookies are guaranteed to sweeten any morning!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Banana breakfast cookies have it all! Made with chewy oats, sweet bananas, warm cinnamon, pure vanilla extract, and chocolate chips, these satisfy any breakfast craving. They’re wonderfully quick and easy to make, perfect for busy mornings.
These cookies hit the spot without being overly rich. The oats and bananas help keep me full until lunch and I love adding a little peanut butter on top.
Any day that starts with cookies for breakfast is a good day!
Why You’ll Love this Breakfast Cookies Recipe:
- EASY: Made with basic baking ingredients, these cookies come together easily.
- FREEZER FRIENDLY: These breakfast cookies freeze beautifully. Freeze any leftover cookies to enjoy for up to 3 months.
- BREAKFAST: It doesn’t get much better than cookies for breakfast! They’re the perfect sweet treat with a cup of coffee or to grab on your way out the door.
These cookies have all the goodness of banana oatmeal baked into every bite! Be sure to try these chocolate chip breakfast cookies too!
How to Make Banana Breakfast Cookies
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Combine the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the cookie dough.
- Bake the cookies.
Yes! Ripe bananas are a must for this recipe. They mash easily and add a little extra sweetness, too.
I love using a cookie scoop for consistent, uniform cookies. For these breakfast cookies, I used a 2 tablespoon size cookie scoop.
I don’t recommend it. Chilling the cookie dough prevents the cookies from spreading too much while they bake.
While I haven’t personally tested a gluten-free version of this recipe, try replacing the flour with a 1:1 gluten-free flour replacement. Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats, too.
Start your morning right with a breakfast cookie and a delicious cup of coffee:
These banana breakfast cookies are perfectly dunkable!
- For best results, use ripe bananas. They mash more easily and add a delightful sweetness.
- Add a pinch of ground nutmeg with the cinnamon for a little something extra.
- To ensure the cookies are the same size and bake easily, use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough. I like using a 2 tablespoon size scoop.
There are so many ways to customize this easy cookie recipe!
Can I leave out the chocolate chips?
Yes, you can omit the chocolate chips. Instead of chocolate chips, use an equal amount of chopped walnuts/pecans, cinnamon chips, or dried cranberries/cherries/raisins.
Can I add an egg to the cookie dough?
This is a naturally egg-free recipe! If you’d like to add an egg to the cookie dough, the cookies will turn out more like muffin tops than chewy cookies.
How long do these cookies last?
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes We Love
Made for lazy weekend mornings, busy school drop-offs, and anything in between, you’ll love munching on these banana breakfast cookies!
More Homemade Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies
- Tie-Dye Cookies
- Chocolate Butter Cookies
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!