This Beef Breakfast Scramble is delicious and cooked in one skillet for an easy breakfast or brunch. Make it as mild or as spicy you like. This is a great dish to serve a hungry crowd before a big first day of school!
I love starting the day with a hearty breakfast that’s full of flavor, and this scramble is no exception! This is a great dish if you have friends over for brunch, and even better, there’s minimal clean up! Adding beef to your breakfast routine provides protein, flavor, and nutrients! With back to school front and center, this EASY breakfast casserole made with beef is just what your family needs to stay fueled all day.
How to Make One Pan Cheesy Beef Breakfast Scramble
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling while you cook. As its cooking, season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- When meat is no longer pink, add the hash browns and cook until thawed and tender, stirring as you cook.
- Add the water and tomatoes, undrained. Increase heat to high until the mixture boils, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10.
- Increase heat to medium/low. Pour the beaten eggs over the mixture, cooking, and lightly stirring. Allow to cook, checking and stirring occasionally until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Finally, lay the slices of cheese over the eggs and cover until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro (optional). Serve and enjoy!
A tasty Ground Beef breakfast idea
This hearty Beef Breakfast scramble is made with all of my breakfast favorites for a delicious meal that’s packed full of flavor. Ground Beef is seasoned and cooked in tomatoes with hash browns and eggs and topped with cheese. Everything is cooked together in a skillet for maximum flavor with minimal effort!
Why beef recipes are great for back to school breakfast
I can’t believe it’s time for back to school, but here we are! I have been thinking about all the nutrition I want to pack into the start of each day, and one easy way to do that is adding beef to my favorite recipes. Beef provides protein, iron, and zinc, which are important for brain health. We want our kids to knock it out of the park at school, and nutrition is a huge part of that!
Beef gives me and my family the strength and nutrients to be our best selves throughout the day. This Beef Breakfast Casserole is SO EASY TO MAKE and is packed with flavor and nutrients thanks to the star ingredient, BEEF!
You can find out so much more by visiting the ultimate website for all things Beef: BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Other Beef Recipes we love:
- Grilled Flank Steak with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Burgers in the Oven
- Restaurant Style Steak
- Italian Stuffed Shells
- Homemade Sloppy Joes (another great back to school favorite!)
- Frito Pie
- Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- BBQ Beef Brisket
- French Dip Sandwiches
How to cook beef
Ground Beef should be cooked to a safe and savory 160ºF. For this recipe, you initially cook the Ground Beef until all the pink is gone from the beef, and then it continues to cook with the other ingredients, ensuring safety. Color is not always a reliable way to test doneness, and when possible, you should always use an instant read meat thermometer. When cooking steaks, you want to cook from 145-160F for doneness. You can check out our printable meat temperature guide for more information!
Why is this Beef Breakfast Scramble so good?
- It’s a well-balanced meal – it’s high in protein (thank you beef!) and the tomatoes are a great source of lots of vitamins and minerals.
- Everything is cooked in one pan, so clean up is easy!
- It’s quick and easy to make with simple ingredients.
- It’s a gluten-free breakfast with no added sugar.
Skillet Breakfast Casserole: A great brunch recipe for a crowd
This Beef Breakfast Scramble is a great recipe if you are looking for something to serve overnight guests or have friends around to brunch on a lazy weekend. The recipe is easily doubled if you are serving more people, and if you are feeding children as well as adults, you can make the dish mild by using tomatoes without chile.
Top Tips for Making One Pan Cheesy Beef Breakfast Scramble
- Use lean ground beef.
- If you prefer this to be more mild, use tomatoes without green chiles. If you want it to be spicier, get the hot tomatoes/green chiles and use Pepper Jack cheese in place of cheddar.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for 2-3 days and reheated.
- Finish the dish with fresh cilantro or parsley.
Be sure to check out these other tasty breakfast ideas!
5 Ingredient Granola Bars by Minimalist Baker
Breakfast Avocado Toast with Egg and Sausage by Two Healthy Kitchens