Homemade Chocolate Chip Muffins are fluffy, sweet, and have the perfect amount of chocolatey flavor in each bite! They’re made from scratch but that doesn’t mean this recipe is hard – in fact, the prep time is just 10 minutes. You’re going to love these quick and easy homemade muffins!
Homemade Chocolate Chip Muffins
I feel like chocolate chip muffins are a baking staple that every baker, no matter how novice they may be, should master! These quick and easy muffins are made from scratch in about half an hour. They’re perfect for whipping up at breakfast time and enjoying all day long! While they’re a wonderful morning snack, they’re also pretty tasty late at night.
These homemade chocolate chip muffins far surpass any instant box mix. They’re fluffy, perfectly sweet, and have the best domed top. Plus, isn’t it so much more fun to say “yes, they’re homemade!” Make these muffins at your next brunch party with friends to seriously impress.
Why You’ll Love this Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe:
- Quick: There’s just about 10 minutes of prep and 20 minutes of bake time required for these muffins.
- Fluffy: There’s just nothing better than a good fluffy muffin, and these muffins have the best fluffy consistency!
- Chocolatey: Just the right amount of chocolate chips are sure to help you get your chocolate fix.
Make these homemade muffins on a lazy Sunday morning to kick-start your week!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat the oven and prepare the cupcake tins.
- Whisk the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the tins.
- Cool and enjoy!
- Do not over-mix the muffin batter!
- I use semisweet chocolate chips, but you can swap them for milk or dark chocolate chips.
Use 1½ cups of your favorite type of chocolate chips! Mini, milk, dark, semisweet, white, or a combination would be delicious.
Yes! After 5 minutes at 425°F, keep the muffins in the oven and reduce the temperature to 350°F. Don’t take the muffins out! This initial burst of high heat creates tall and crackly muffin tops.
Absolutely! Bake mini muffins at 350°F for 11-13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Use 1½ cups of your favorite add-ins like blueberries, chopped strawberries, dried fruits, or chopped nuts.
- Always use the toothpick test to make sure your muffins are fully baked.
- Make sure you measure every ingredient perfectly! Baking is a science, so you don’t want to throw anything off.
- You can skip the coarse sugar garnish, but it’s a great final touch that adds a little crunch and sweetness.
Soft, fluffy muffins that always rise to the perfect shape. These are the best way to start the day!
What kind of milk should I use?
Use buttermilk for rich and tender muffins. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, any dairy or non-dairy milk will work.
Can I make these muffins gluten-free?
I haven’t tested it, but you can certainly try replacing the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free 1:1 flour substitute.
Can I freeze these muffins?
These muffins freeze beautifully. Place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Sweet Breakfast Recipes We Love
Chocolate chip muffins are a classic breakfast recipe that everyone loves. Make them just for the family or for a brunch party – either way, they’ll be a huge hit!
More Easy Muffin Recipes to Try:
- Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Banana Nutella Muffins
- Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
- Pecan Pie Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.