These baked chocolate donuts are nothing short of heavenly! Light and fluffy chocolate donuts are glazed with chocolate icing for the most delicious sweet snack.
- Easy Chocolate Donut Recipe
- Why you’ll love this Chocolate Donuts Recipe:
- How to Make Chocolate Donuts
- How long do they keep?
- Can you freeze them?
- Have fun decorating!
- More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Butterscotch Monkey Bread Recipe (Bubble Bread)
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Eggs Benedict Casserole with Easy Eggs Benedict Sauce
- Home Fries
- Homemade Sausage Gravy Recipe for Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- Chocolate Donuts Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Recommended Equipment
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Easy Chocolate Donut Recipe
There is never a bad time for a donut, and these, my friends, are so good!
These double chocolate donuts are so easy to make as they are baked in the oven, and they come out so wonderfully light and fluffy! These are a real delight for all my chocoholics!
Why you’ll love this Chocolate Donuts Recipe:
- EASY: It couldn’t be easier to make your own donuts! Quick to prep and made with simple ingredients.
- KID-FRIENDLY: I mean, of course, kids love these! Your older kids can also give you a hand making them as they are pretty straightforward.
- OVEN-BAKED: Donuts can be intimidating to make at home as traditionally they are deep-fried, but these baked donuts are super straightforward!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Make Chocolate Donuts
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in another.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine.
- Transfer the batter to the donut pan.
- Melt the ingredients for the glaze until smooth.
- Frost the cooled donuts and add sprinkles.
How long do they keep?
Once the donuts have set, keep them in an airtight container, with the layers separated by parchment.
Chocolate Donuts will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can keep them at room temperature, but the chocolate will soften.
Can you freeze them?
If you want to freeze these baked chocolate donuts, it’s best to do so without the glaze. Wrap them in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
Have fun decorating!
I kept these chocolate donuts pretty simple in the decoration, but feel free to have at it! You could drizzle over some white chocolate on top of the glaze, or add lots of green and red sprinkles for a really festive treat!
This is a great kid-friendly recipe. Let the kids get involved by decorating with their favorite colored sprinkles!
- Be sure to grease your donut pan before adding the batter. You really don’t want them to get stuck in the tin!
- Don’t over-mix the donut batter. If you overwork it, the gluten will develop and you will have chewy donuts.
- Don’t overfill the donut molds. The donuts rise as they bake and will overflow if you fill them all the way to the top.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
We love these chocolate donuts, but variety is key! Here are some of our other favorite ways to start the day.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.