This Crockpot 40 Clove Garlic Chicken is full of flavor with tons of fresh herbs and soaked in chicken broth. This crockpot garlic chicken is the ultimate comfort food if you’re looking for a savory meal!
Crockpot Garlic Chicken
If you love garlic, this easy crockpot chicken recipe is about to be your new favorite dish!
Make classic 40 clove garlic chicken in a slow cooker for an easy dinner. It’s savory, super flavorful, and comes out perfectly cooked every time. Pair it with your favorite side dishes, like mashed potatoes or broccoli, and enjoy.
Why You’ll Love this Crockpot Garlic Chicken Recipe:
- Easy: Let your slow cooker make dinner tonight! Throw everything in and let it cook.
- Flavorful: This tasty recipe is full of flavor, from the garlic to the chicken broth and herbs. Each bite will be delicious!
How to Make 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and seasoning as instructed in the full recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Cover and coat the chicken thighs in the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil as instructed and sear the chicken breasts on each side until golden brown.
- Add in the garlic and herbs and continue to saute. Then pour the wet ingredients to deglaze.
- Place browned chicken and soft garlic cloves in the slow cooker and pour the liquid on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook as instructed in the recipe card. Once done, serve and enjoy!
40 clove garlic chicken is a French stew consisting of pan-seared chicken thighs cooked in white wine and chicken broth with 40 cloves of garlic.
No! While it is traditional to use 40 cloves, you don’t need to count them out individually. Just use about 3 whole heads of garlic.
The easiest way to peel a lot of garlic quickly is to separate out the cloves, place them in a Tupperware with a lid, and shake vigorously until the skins come off.
Yes! Brown the chicken according to the recipe, using the instant pot’s sauté mode rather than pan-searing in a skillet. Remove the chicken to a plate, sauté the garlic and herbs for a few minutes, then add the chicken back along with the wine and broth. Seal the instant pot and set to manual to cook for 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then release the pressure.
A dry white wine is any white wine that is not sweet. I like Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, or Pinot Grigio. You can also use white cooking wine, which can be found in the oil and vinegar aisle of the grocery store.
This crockpot garlic chicken tastes delicious with any of your favorite sides. Potatoes and veggies make a great addition because they can soak up the garlic-y broth from the chicken.
Make Ahead Instructions
40 clove garlic chicken can be made up to 1 day in advance of when you plan to serve it. Store the chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and reheat before serving.
Store leftover 40 clove garlic chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave or in a 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Freeze 40 clove garlic chicken in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Feel free to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs.
- You can use any neutral oil in place of the olive oil, or use unsalted butter.
- Feel free to swap out the herbs for your favorites, such as parsley, sage, marjoram, or tarragon.
- You can use additional chicken broth in place of the white wine.
#1 Tip for 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
Don’t skip searing the chicken. The browning adds a lot of flavor to the final dish!
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes We Love
I hope you love this crockpot 40 clove garlic chicken! Let me know how your chicken turned out in the comments below.
More Easy Dinner Recipes to Try:
- Feta Baked Pasta
- Pepperoni Pierogy Pizza Casserole
- Tuscan Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Honey Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
- Baked Caesar Chicken Recipe (4 Ingredients)
- 4 Ingredient Pesto Baked Rigatoni
- Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe (Easy Chicken Parmesan)
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
Absolutely divine! Simple to put together with inexpensive ingredients and I love how you add the ingredients necessary for each step rather than scrolling up and down while preparing. Also I have never heard of peeling garlic that way and it totally worked! The aroma alone was intoxicating and the chicken came out melt in your mouth moist with incredible flavor. Definitely adding this to my company worth recipes!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Paula!
Question, I love bone in meat, do I cook it for 10 to 11 hours on low for bone in, skin on? Thank you!
I would start with 8 hours and check the internal temp then! It should read 165°F when cooked through!