Get dinner on the table effortlessly with this Crockpot chicken and dumplings recipe. Requiring minimal prep, this creamy chicken casserole is topped with simple biscuits for one easy family dinner.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Why you’ll love this Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings recipe:
- EASY: Because everything is cooked in the Crockpot, this is a pretty effortless dinner that requires around 15 minutes of hands on cooking time.
- KID FRIENDLY: Even your picky eaters will love this recipe, it’s super delicious!
- MAKE AHEAD: This easy dinner is great for make ahead and freezer meals.
How to make Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season the chicken and place in the slow cooker.
- Add the seasonings.
- Pour in the chicken broth, carrot, onion and soup.
- Stir gently to combine and cook.
- Add frozen peas and biscuit dough pieces.
- Cook on high until biscuits are cooked through.
How long does it keep?
If you have any leftovers, they will keep well, covered in the fridge for 3 days. You can reheat the chicken and dumplings in the slow cooker, or quickly on the stovetop to serve.
Can you freeze it?
If you want to freeze this recipe, it’s best to do so without the dumplings. Freeze the chicken stew by itself and it will keep for up to 6 months.
Thaw it in the fridge overnight and then place it into the slow cooker, add the dumplings and continue with the recipe.
What do you serve it with?
These Crockpot chicken and dumplings is perfect to serve by itself for a hearty and filling dinner.
- Use chicken thighs rather than breasts for this recipe. They stay perfectly tender and are less likely to dry out.
- When you add the dumplings, avoid lifting the lid to check on them. They need the steam to get light and fluffy.
These chicken and dumplings are such a great comfort food, and they are so easy to make in the Crockpot. So simple and so delicious!
More Crockpot Recipes we Love
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Fried Rice
- Crockpot Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Brisket
- Crockpot Red Beans and Rice
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.