This easy, creamy, cheesy Crockpot Chicken and Rice recipe is pure comfort food! Shredded chicken is slow cooked in a creamy sauce and covered with cheese. It’s perfect for a super satisfying weeknight dinner.
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Tender chicken is mixed with cheesy rice and slow-cooked to perfection! This recipe will be a beloved addition to your weekly meal rotation!
The whole dish is made super creamy from the condensed soup. This crockpot chicken and rice is so simple and will satisfy the hungriest of customers. Plus it’s gluten free!
Kids and adults will love this easy, cheesy crockpot recipe!
How to Make Crockpot Chicken and Rice
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place seasoned chicken thighs in the crockpot.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rest of your ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cook for 3-4 hours, then shred the chicken in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle over your cheese, and allow to melt.
- Season, serve, and enjoy!
Instead of chicken thighs, use an equal amount of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
I recommend using a long-grain rice for this recipe, as that’s what it was written for. You can use other types, but they may need a different cook time. Avoid instant or cauliflower rice.
Instead of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups, use any combination of 2 10.75-ounce cans of cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, or cream of celery soups.
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten-free.
This crockpot chicken and rice is a meal on its own, but you can certainly add sides. Here are some favorites!
- Sauteed Asparagus Recipe with Pancetta
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Burgundy Mushrooms
Give this delicious recipe a try. It’s satisfying, easy, and budget friendly! Plus the leftovers are great!
Store leftover chicken and rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing leftovers as cream-based recipes become grainy when thawed.
- Swap one of the cans of soup for a can of cream of celery soup to change the flavor of your chicken and rice.
- Easily swap the chicken for turkey breast.
- Add veggies in the last hour of cooking, such as chopped carrots, broccoli, green beans, or celery.
- Swap the cheddar cheese for Parmesan cheese if you prefer.
Tip for the Best Rice
Cook this recipe on high for 3-4 hours for the best rice texture. Cooking this recipe on lower heat for longer leads to mushy rice.
More Crockpot Recipes We Love
An easy, cheesy, creamy chicken recipe that everyone will gobble up! This crockpot chicken and rice is so cozy and comforting, just toss everything into the slow cooker and away you go! Gluten free, hearty, and delicious – a super easy weeknight meal.
More Cheesy Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Cheesy Bruschetta Chicken
- Biscuit Topped Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
- Cheesy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Salad Pie
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!