These foil packet grilled ranch potatoes are the perfect side for your BBQ this summer. So simple to make and perfectly cheesy, they are a sure fire hit!
Cheesy Grilled Potato Foil Packets
What’s better than potatoes? Cheesy grilled ranch potatoes, that’s what!
So simple and easy to make, red potatoes are seasoned with ranch and topped with cheddar cheese before being grilled to perfection in foil packets.
Perfect for camping and cookouts, these are one crowd pleasing summer side dish.
Why you’ll love this Grilled Ranch Potato Foil Packet recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need four main ingredients and a little oil and you are good to go.
- EASY: It takes minutes to prep these foil packets, then just pop them right on to the grill.
- VEGETARIAN: These are a great meat-free side dish that everyone will love!
How to make Cheesy Potato Foil Packets
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the ranch and oil in a ziplock bag.
- Add in the potatoes and shake to coat.
- Place the potatoes onto foil and top with cheese.
- Fold over the foil.
- Place n a grill and cook on both sides.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
What toppings can you add?
These grilled ranch potatoes are great as they are, or you can load them up with toppings like chives, sour cream, bacon, ham, salsa, or broccoli. You can set out the toppings so everyone can dress them just as the like.
What are the best potatoes to use?
I like to use baby red potatoes for these foil packets. They are waxy, so don’t fall apart when they are grilled, unlike Russets or Yukon Gold.
There’s no need to peel them, just give them a wash, cut them in half and you are good to go.
What do you serve them with?
- The packets should be fully sealed before adding them to the grill.
- Preheat your grill before adding the potatoes so that they cook through evenly.
- Take care when opening the packets, as they will be VERY hot!
These cheesy grilled ranch potatoes are the perfect treat this summer. So easy to prep, and they are a real crowd pleaser. You’re sure to impress!
More Cheesy Recipes we Love
- Cheesy Broccoli Salad
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Cheesy Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Cheesy Bacon Crusted Chicken
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.