The Best Nachos Recipe is one that’s easy, delicious, and quick. That’s exactly what these Foil Packet Nachos are! Loaded with beef, tomatoes, green chiles (and more), and covered in melty cheese…I’m obsessed! I love foil packet recipes and these nachos can be made in the oven or on the grill.
Foil Packet Nachos: The BEST Nachos Recipe
These foil packet nachos are so quick & easy to make, plus they’re super delicious! This just might be the best nachos recipe, and it can be made on the grill or in the oven.
Foil Packet recipes are literally ALL THE RAGE right now on fb and the internet!? I see them everywhere and now I get it. They’re so fun, easy to clean up, and usually work like a charm! You might remember the Foil Packet Caesar Salmon we recently made, one of my favorites!
I decided to give another foil packet recipe a shot and these Foil Packet Nachos were born! They’re filled with spicy beef, tomatoes, black beans, green chiles, chips, and lots of cheese. OF COURSE there’s lots of cheese. They all melt together like a dream inside the foil tent, either in the oven or on the grill. I could really get into this trend!
Between the amazing flavor of all the ingredients and the ease of making these in packets, I’ve decided this is the Best Nachos Recipe because flavor and simplicity are what really matters!
These Foil Packers Nachos are one of the BEST Nachos recipes I’ve ever tasted!
Easy Nachos Recipe (on the grill or in the oven!)
I’m a big fan of making cooking easy, and that’s what I love about foil packet recipes! This is the best nachos recipe because you can just throw everything into the foil packets and then bake them in the oven or put them on the grill. It’s so easy and doesn’t take long at all.
Recommended Products to make the Best Nachos recipe
Best Nachos Ingredients
You guys know I love me some Old El Paso, and their products kicked these Foil Packet Nachos up a huge notch! Their taco seasoning is SO simple to spice up my favorite recipes, and their green chiles bring just the right amount of heat. I’m not someone who likes this “burn your mouth off spicy”, so green chiles are my jam.
You can make these easy nachos packets as small or as large as you’d like, making them for a crowd or just for yourself. You can make some with chicken and some with beef; some with jalapenos and some without! They’re fully customizable, super delicious, and totally fun!
Here are my favorite nacho ingredients:
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Green Chiles
- Ground Beef (with taco seasoning!)
- Black Beans or Refried Beans
- More Cheese
- And topped with sour cream
You can put whatever you want on these tasty nachos. Foil Packet Nachos for the win!
Easy Foil Packet Recipes
Foil Packet recipes are the definition of easy recipes. Just use aluminum foil to create your packets, throw in the ingredients (some might need to be cooked before this step), and then bake or grill! Not only is the cooking part easy, but clean up is a cinch. No pots and pans to scrub because everything was contained inside the foil packets. And let’s be honest, cleaning is the least fun part of cooking!
Have you tried any other foil packet recipes? Which ones are your favorite? I have quite a few I want to try and I’m always looking for more recipes.
Here are a couple more foil packet recipes for you to try:
- Grilled Caesar Salmon Foil Packets
- Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
- Butter Garlic Herb Steak Foil Packets
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas in Foil
These foil packet nachos are 100% the BEST Nachos recipe both for taste and ease of preparation. Make these nachos in the oven or on the grill. Top them with whatever ingredients you love. And dig in! These are great for summer grilling, BBQ, or game day parties. There’s never a bad time for delicious nachos or an easy foil packet recipe.
Watch the Video & See the recipe card for details on how to make the Best Nachos Recipe. Enjoy!
If you like these foil packet nachos, try these other great recipes:
- Homemade Taquitos with Cheese & Green Chiles
- Blackened Chicken Alfredo Nachos
- Grilled Chicken Nachos
- Skillet Steak Fajita Nachos
- Mexican Street Corn Salsa
BEST Nachos Recipe - These foil packet nachos are loaded with beef, tomatoes, green chiles cheese, & more! I love this easy foil packet recipe, in the oven or on the grill.
- 5 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1 ounce packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso Green Chiles, drained
- 1/2 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, fully drained
- 1/2 14.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced onion green, red, or white...whichever you love best!
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- sour cream for garnish
- Heat grill to medium high heat (or heat oven to 350F)
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium high heat. Stir in the taco seasoning and stir to coat. When almost browned, toss in the tomatoes and green chiles (both fully drained) and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fold two large 12x24 inch sheets of foil in half and fold up the edges to create the bottom of each packet. If you prefer smaller packets you can use 12x12 inch pieces and divide ingredients into fourths instead of halves.
- Place half the chips at the bottom of each foil packet.
- Sprinkle each with half the beef mixture, half the black beans, half the onion, and top with half the cheese. Lastly sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Fold the other half of each foil packet and pinch shut. Cut a hole in the top of each packet as shown so steam can vent (and avoid chips getting too soggy).
- Bake or grill for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Top with sour cream, jalapenos, or your fave nacho toppings.