These crockpot cranberry meatballs are the perfect make-ahead appetizer. With only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time, these meatballs are easy enough for every day and delicious enough for a party! These meatballs are sweet and tangy with just a hint of heat!
Cranberry Sauce Meatballs
If you’ve never had meatballs in cranberry sauce, this easy appetizer is bound to be a new favorite! Not only do these flavorful crockpot meatballs only consist of three ingredients, prep time is a breeze too. All you have to do is put the ingredients in the crockpot and let it do all the work! Before you know it, you have sweet and filling cranberry meatballs!
Why You’ll Love this Cranberry Meatballs Recipe:
- Easy-to-make: This crockpot cranberry meatballs recipe is so simple because it only requires three simple ingredients and a slow cooker! Throw it all together and you get a delicious appetizer!
- Holiday flavors: This is the perfect holiday appetizer because of its classic cranberry sauce taste. It’s the easiest appetizer to throw together this holiday season!
This easy recipe is the perfect appetizer to make this holiday season. Cranberry meatballs are great to make for game day too. Effortlessly throw them together for family gatherings or holiday parties if you’re looking for an instant crowd pleaser!
How to Make Cranberry Meatballs in a Crockpot
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add the two sauces together in your slow cooker and stir. See the exact measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Add in the frozen meatballs and ensure they are fully covered in sauce.
- Set the slow cooker as desired based on the instructions below.
- Garnish with chopped chives or parsley and enjoy!
- Sweet chili sauce adds a bit of sweetness and spice to the meatballs.
- Cranberry sauce helps thicken the glaze on the meatballs and adds a bit of earthy sweetness.
- Frozen meatballs are a great shortcut for this recipe because they are fully cooked and hold up well in the slow cooker. I don’t recommend substituting homemade raw meatballs unless they have been par-cooked.
Cranberry meatballs are a holiday riff on classic cocktail meatballs. Instead of grape jelly, we’re using canned cranberry sauce for a slightly more savory take.
I like to serve these meatballs on a large platter with a few forks and let everyone dig in! You can also serve each one on a cocktail stick if you prefer.
If you like, you can turn them into a full meal by serving them with rice or on a bed of sauteed vegetables. Otherwise, serve them alongside some of your other favorite holiday appetizers!
Yes! Place the meatballs, sweet chili sauce, and cranberry sauce in a large Dutch oven. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through.
You sure can! Follow my grape jelly meatballs recipe, swapping in the cranberry sauce in place of the grape jelly!
Want to add a little heat?
If you want to add a little extra heat to your cranberry meatballs, try adding some red pepper flakes on top and see what you think! It amps up the spice for even more flavor.
Store leftover cranberry meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the crockpot or on the stovetop until heated through.
Freeze cranberry meatballs in a single layer on a lined baking sheet until solid, about 1-2 hours. Transfer to an airtight container or Ziplock bag to store for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Tips for the Best Cranberry Meatballs
- Be sure to spray your crockpot with nonstick spray before adding the meatballs and sauce.
- Feel free to try this recipe with whole cranberry sauce for a different texture!
- You can keep the meatballs warm in the pot for 1 hour after cooking.
More Crockpot Thanksgiving Recipes We Love
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Garlic Butter
- Crockpot Turkey Breast
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
- Crock Pot Pecan Pie
I hope you and your loved ones love these rich cranberry meatballs! There are plenty more where this came from too. Check out more holiday recipes listed below!
More Holiday Appetizer Recipes to Try:
- Easy Antipasto Skewers
- Sweet Potato Souffle Cups
- Pumpkin Pie Punch
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe with Orange Liqueur
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.