Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast is the perfect centerpiece for your Thanksgiving meal. This turkey breast is perfectly cooked and wrapped in crispy bacon, making it juicy, succulent and tender. It’s easy to prep and it’s sure to please your guests this year!
Bacon Wrapped Turkey
This bacon-wrapped turkey breast is one of my favorite Thanksgiving turkey ideas. Delicious, easy to make, and so flavorful!
Is it even Thanksgiving if you don’t have turkey? It can be a hassle to cook a whole bird, so turkey breast is a great option for Thanksgiving. And what’s better than wrapping food in bacon?
I’m kind of obsessed with wrapping things in bacon around here (Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots…it doesn’t end there!), so wrapping turkey breast in bacon just seemed like a natural thing to do!
Top Tips to Make Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Breast
- Don’t skip the brining! It makes such a difference. Leave it to brine for 24 hours if possible.
- Be sure to cover the whole surface of the turkey with bacon.
- Use an instant read thermometer to check the turkey’s internal temperature (should be 160°F).
- Let the turkey rest before carving and serving.
It’s really important not to skip the brining process in this recipe! It’s super easy to do and it really does make all of the difference! By brining the turkey breast, it absorbs extra moisture, which results in juicy and succulent meat. It also helps to season the turkey all the way through, so it’s super flavorful.
Turkey Brine Ingredients:
- Cold Water
- Kosher Salt
- Granulated Sugar
- Peppercorns (optional)
How to Brine a Turkey
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl large enough to fit the turkey breast, and stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Fully submerge the turkey in the brine.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove turkey from the brine when ready to cook and pat it dry with paper towels.
It really is an easy process, and it helps a lot with keeping the turkey moist. Just be sure to start the process the day before cooking so you have plenty of time.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
This easy bacon-wrapped turkey recipe is such a fun Thanksgiving turkey idea, and so simple to make!
Brine: Start with brining the turkey (see section above for details or check the recipe card).
Wrap in Bacon: Set the turkey breast on a cutting board and wrap bacon around the turkey. *Be sure to cover the entire surface, and secure the bacon with toothpicks.
Roast: Place the turkey on the rack, bacon-side up. Then roast the turkey 60 minutes at 340°F. *Internal temperature should be 160°F.
Rest: Transfer the turkey to a cooling rack and remove the toothpicks. Let the turkey rest 15 minutes before slicing.
If the turkey hasn’t reached 160°F, rotate it and bake an additional 15-30 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F).
If the bacon isn’t browned, set the oven to broil and cook the turkey just long enough to crisp the bacon.
Be sure to watch the video to see the step by step process!
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
This delicious Thanksgiving center-piece should be accompanied by all of your usual and favorite side dishes. Be sure to check these out for some inspiration:
- Sheet Pan Scalloped Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Bacon
- Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
- Best Herb Roasted Potatoes (Simple Seasoned Potatoes)
- Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe with Ginger
Why serve a turkey breast at Thanksgiving?
As we all know, it can be a hassle cooking a whole turkey on Thanksgiving. Timing is everything and it can be really easy to under- or over-cook parts of it. A turkey breast cooks much more evenly and it’s a great option if you don’t have a big crowd to cater for.
Should you use a fresh or frozen turkey breast?
Generally speaking, there is no quality difference between fresh or frozen turkey breast. Just remember to allow enough time for your turkey to thaw before brining it.
Watch the video and See the recipe card for details on how to make Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Breast. Enjoy!
If this isn’t the right option for your Thanksgiving feast, be sure to check out these recipes. Plenty of Thanksgiving turkey ideas, plus some other meat options too! And if you need to fill our your menu, browse our Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes and our favorite Thanksgiving Desserts.
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Juicy Smoked Turkey Breast
- Garlic Butter Roast Turkey Breast
- Crock Pot Turkey Breast Recipe
- Stuffing Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe (Pork Roulade)
- Best Beef Tenderloin Recipe (Beef Tenderloin Roast)