Hot Bacon Feta Dip is an awesome appetizer for game day! Easy, quick, and delicious. I have always loved feta and this is my favorite way to eat it!
This Hot Bacon Feta Dip is the perfect compliment to any sports game. Its easy and quick, and full of cheese. Those are my gameday appetizer requirements. But don’t save this dip til gameday, it’s great for any party, gathering and a super treat for movie night!
Table of Contents
Why this Feta Dip is so good
- Perfect for parties! A hot dip just ups the ante when it comes to delicious snacks, who doesn’t love a hot dip!
- Addictively delicious. This really is a fave of mine, it’s so addictive! Tangy feta with pico de galo and bacon – so good!
- Easy to make. Easy to prep and then pop in the oven for 20 – done!
- Cream Cheese: I’ve gone for low fat, works great and still packed with flavor.
- Greek Yogurt: I used plain greek yogurt.
- Crumbled Feta: Choose a good quality feta, so it melts well.
- Pico de gallo: Or you can use diced tomato.
- Bacon Bits: Cooked and Chopped.
- Rosemary: Fresh rosemary give the best flavor.
- Garnish: Diced tomato adds a fresh pop!
How to make this Feta Dip
Mix all ingredients until well combined, then pour mixture into a an oven safe dish. Bake for around 20 mins, until the cheese is bubbly.
Top with extra tomatoes and serve warm – enjoy!
An easy Party Dip
This Hot Bacon Feta Dip is the perfect compliment to any sports game. Its easy and quick, and full of cheese. Those are my gameday appetizer requirements. You only need 6 ingredients and it makes a substantial batch!
Does feta cheese melt?
You may be wondering if Feta Cheese melts, it’s not your classic melty cheese. Well, the answer is no, feta doesn’t melt, like say, mozzarella does. But therein lies the magic! What it does do is get very soft and is perfect as a dip or spread. And also, unlike melted mozzarella, feta doesn’t become stringy or hard once it starts to cool.
What to serve with this Feta Dip
This Hot Bacon Feta Dip is perfect with pita chips, pretzels, wheat thins, you name it. Toasty bread? Oh yeah, that would be delicious too!! I’ve been wanting to eat these pretzel chips for a while. Yum!
- When mixing, make sure your cream cheese is at room temp, so it blends well.
- Ideally use an electric mixer.
- For more of a Mediterranean vibe, bake some sliced pita bread for dipping.
- Choose a spicier pico de gallo if you want more of a spicy kick to the dip.
Check out the other delicious dips
- Loaded Rotel Dip (Velveeta Cheese Dip!)
- Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe (Hot Mexican Corn Dip)
- Easy Beer Cheese Dip Recipe (Beer Cheese Spread)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Have you tried this Hot Bacon Feta Dip? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!