This grilled marinated chicken breast is the perfect weeknight dinner! It’s juicy, flavorful, and so easy to make. It goes with everything, and even the pickiest of easters will enjoy it.
Grilled Chicken Breast
Grilled chicken is an easy go-to for dinner, and for good reason! It’s healthy, it’s simple, and it goes with everything. This marinated chicken breast recipe is extra tasty, using garlic and herbs to infuse flavor in just a couple of hours.
This main dish can be served up with any of your favorite sides for a quick meal. It can also be made ahead of time for simple meal prep. Use whichever herbs you like (rosemary, thyme, parsley, etc.), grill it up, and you’ll have juicy chicken every time!
Why You’ll Love this Marinated Chicken Breast Recipe:
- SIMPLE: All you need is a handful of ingredients, a little bit of marinating time, and about 10 minutes to cook.
- FLAVORFUL: A marinade made of garlic, red wine, and various herbs adds so much flavor right into the chicken, so that it cooks to perfection.
- VERSATILE: This dish can be paired with anything you like! Keep it light and simple for lunch, or add your favorite sides for a full dinner.
This marinated grilled chicken breast is truly fool-proof! Just set it in the fridge to marinate before work, then come home and cook so it’s ready to serve.
How to Make Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prep chicken as desired, and thin or even out if needed.
- Combine marinade ingredients, and pour into a resealable bag.
- Place the chicken in the bag, seal, and refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- When ready to grill, fire it up, place the chicken on the grill, and cook until it reaches 160F.
The key to juicy grilled chicken is high heat. This cooks the chicken quickly without drying out the inside. Plus the marinating time helps a lot.
Yes, you can! Use boneless, skinless thighs, and keep in mind that they may take a few extra minutes to cook.
That’s up to personal preference. I recommend it because pounded chicken breasts will cook more evenly.
Your grill should be 450-500°F.
To prevent chicken breasts from sticking to the grill, spray your grill grates with nonstick spray.
Yes, if you have a grill pan, you can make grilled chicken on the stovetop. Heat your grill pan over medium-high heat, then sear the chicken for 5-8 minutes per side, or until 165°F internally.
This grilled marinated chicken breast goes with absolutely everything! Serve it up with potatoes, veggies, rice, greens, or anything you like.
- Sautéed Vegetables
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri
- Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Roasted Veggies
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how well it pairs with all my other favorite dishes. It’s an easy main for any time!
Make Ahead Instructions
You can make marinated grilled chicken breasts up to 1 day in advance of when you plan to serve them. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to reheat.
Store leftover marinated grilled chicken breasts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on the grill or in a 300°F oven for 8-10 minutes, until 165°F internally.
Freeze marinated grilled chicken breasts in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Make It A Meal
Marinated chicken breast is so versatile! Serve it with baked potatoes, corn on the cob, or pasta salad for a delicious dinner; slice it up and throw it on top of a salad.
Tips for the Best Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 2-8 hours. Any longer and the chicken may become mushy.
- Note that all grills are different, so cooking times are approximate. I recommend having an instant-read thermometer on hand for the best results.
- Your chicken breasts will continue to cook for a few minutes after you take them off the grill, so you can remove them when they reach 160°F internally.
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into it. This will seal in the juices.
- Slice grilled chicken against the grain. This keeps the meat tender.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes We Love
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- Grilled Chicken Wings
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Easy Jerk Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
This grilled marinated chicken breast recipe is truly so easy, you’ll want to keep making it week after week! Everyone at the table will love it, no matter what you serve it with. Try out different herbs in the marinade and enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- Honey Chicken
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Crockpot Chicken Marsala
- Mexican Chicken Lasagna
- Sweet and Sour Russian Chicken
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.