This Instant Pot Chili is pure comfort! Beef, beans, chilies, tomatoes and a host of seasoning are all simmered together in the pressure cooker for the most flavorful and tender ground beef chili – rich and delicious!
A big bowl of chili is bound to bring a smile to anyone’s face. This Instant Pot Chili recipe serve up a deep, rich bowl of soul warming goodness that’s just so satisfying.
Why you’ll love this Instant Pot Chili
- A rich chili. No watery chili here! The ground beef takes on all the flavors from the seasonings, giving you a deep and satisfying bite every time. The coffee adds extra depth and makes the chili crimson red – mouthwatering.
- An easy chili recipe. Simple to prep, then into the pot – easy!
- Add your favorite toppings. Load this up with cheese, sour cream and guac – so good!
How to make this Instant Pot Chili
Be sure to scroll down to the bottom for the full recipe
- Sauté – On the sauté function, add the ingredients.
- Cook – After adding all the ingredients, give a good stir then set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 25 minutes, then allow to naturally release for about 10 minutes
- Drain – Drain any excess liquid to your desired consistency.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Can I make this chili thicker?
This chili comes out quite thick. You can also drain off any excess liquid, to achieve your desired consistency. However, if you prefer your chili to be even thicker, you can always simmer it on sauté mode for 5-10 minutes after it’s already been cooked under pressure.
Can I freeze this Instant Pot Chili?
Beef chili is really great for freezing. You can whip up a double batch, freeze half and voila! Big ol’ hearty meal in minutes.
Cool your chili completely and store in ziplocs with all the air pressed out, and store, flat, in the freezer. You can store individual servings to portion out for lunch or larger portions to feed the whole family.
Instant Pot Chili will last for up to 2 months in the freezer.
What are the best toppings for this Instant Pot Chili?
Chili goes well with cool and creamy topping, but you can by all means top it with all kinds of goodies. Here are the most popular toppings:
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Green Onions
- Tortilla Chips
Recipe notes and tips
- 90% lean ground beef, because it’s got lots of flavor but isn’t overly greasy. You could also use ground turkey or ground chicken.
- I used kidney beans, but you can totally mix things up on the bean front! Pinto beans would work well too.
- This chili is mild to medium – if you want to spice things up add a few dashes of hot sauce.
- You can store the chili in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Top with some fresh cilantro or parsley for a pop of freshness.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- If topping with shredded cheese, ideally shred your own, it melts much better than pre shredded.
Other delicious chili recipes
- Spicy White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe (Easy White Chicken Chili)
- Cincinnati Chili Recipe (Chili with Spaghetti)
- Instant Pot Chili Mac Recipe (Pressure Cooker Chili)
- Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe with Cream Cheese