This Instant Pot Chili is pure comfort! Beef, beans, chilies, tomatoes and a host of seasoning are all simmered together in the pressure cooker for the most flavorful and tender ground beef chili – rich and delicious!
Instant Pot Chili Pot Recipe
A big bowl of chili is bound to bring a smile to anyone’s face. This Instant Pot Chili recipe serve up a deep, rich bowl of soul warming goodness that’s just so satisfying.
If you’re looking for more Instant Pot recipes, why not also try my Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Recipe or my Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Why You’ll Love this Instant Pot Beef Chili Recipe:
- Rich and Flavorful: No watery chili here! The ground beef takes on all the flavors from the seasonings, giving you a deep and satisfying bite every time. The coffee adds extra depth and makes the chili crimson red – mouthwatering.
- Super Easy: Simple to prep, then into the pot – easy!
- Customizable: Load this up with cheese, sour cream and guac – so good!
How to make this Instant Pot Chili
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Sauté – On the sauté function, add the ingredients.
- Cook – After adding all the ingredients, give a good stir then set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 25 minutes, then allow to naturally release for about 10 minutes
- Drain – Drain any excess liquid to your desired consistency.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Can I make this chili thicker?
This chili comes out quite thick. You can also drain off any excess liquid, to achieve your desired consistency. However, if you prefer your chili to be even thicker, you can always simmer it on sauté mode for 5-10 minutes after it’s already been cooked under pressure.
Can I freeze this Instant Pot Chili?
Beef chili is really great for freezing. You can whip up a double batch, freeze half and voila! Big ol’ hearty meal in minutes.
Cool your chili completely and store in Ziploc bags with all the air pressed out, and store, flat, in the freezer. You can store individual servings to portion out for lunch or larger portions to feed the whole family.
Instant Pot Chili will last for up to 2 months in the freezer. Be sure to check out all of our Freezer Friendly Meal Ideas.
What are the best toppings for this Instant Pot Chili?
Chili goes well with cool and creamy topping, but you can by all means top it with all kinds of goodies. Here are the most popular toppings:
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Green Onions
- Tortilla Chips
- 90% lean ground beef, because it’s got lots of flavor but isn’t overly greasy. You could also use ground turkey or ground chicken.
- I used kidney beans, but you can totally mix things up on the bean front! Pinto beans would work well too.
- This chili is mild to medium – if you want to spice things up add a few dashes of hot sauce.
- You can store the chili in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Top with some fresh cilantro or parsley for a pop of freshness.
- If topping with shredded cheese, ideally shred your own, it melts much better than pre shredded.
- Want to use your slow cooker instead? Try our Crockpot Chili!
More Instant Pot Recipes to Try:
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Don’t forget to serve up this Instant Pot Chili with some delicious cornbread!
Other Chili Recipes we Love:
- Spicy White Bean Chicken Chili
- Cincinnati Chili Recipe
- Chili con Carne
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Loaded Chili Mac and Cheese
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Crockpot Chili Mac
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
How many servings does this make?
I was drawn to this recipe because of the different-to-me ingredients. I was in an adventurous mood and so glad I tried this! We like spice, but knew a full can of chipotle peppers would be too much, so I cut back to just 2 peppers with some juice. I also used a mix of extra lean ground beef with lean ground turkey breast. It’s very different than my usual chili, but it’s very good! We are looking forward to leftovers already! Thanks!