This 6 INGREDIENT LAZY DAY CHILI is one of our favorite recipes to make for a crowd. It’s easy, SO FLAVORFUL, and made with ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry. It’s perfect for game day and absolutely fool-proof. You won’t believe how tasty this is!
If you guys follow along on my Instagram stories than you’ve been waiting for this recipe. I promised a couple people I would post this week so HERE IT IS! I’m proud of myself for the recipe and for getting it up only a couple days after making it. Usually its weeks HA!
This 6 Ingredient Lazy Day Chili literally knocked my socks off when I made it and I loved it so much that I wanted it up before the Super Bowl. You NEED to make this and you NEED to make it now! You likely already have all of the ingredients, so what are you waiting for??
This easy chili is exactly the type of recipe I wanted to specialize when I started The Cookie Rookie. Something that literally ANYONE could make and EVERYONE would love. When I first started cooking, I had no idea that making a delicious meal for your family could be this darn easy. Only 6 ingredients…are you kidding me?! It still has an amazing depth of flavor and is plenty hearty, so don’t you worry about that.
This would be the perfect chili for quick chili dogs, or just for a chilly (see what I did that) night at home in front of a fire. It’s made in under 30 minutes and freezes like a dream. Is this heaven? NO it’s just the ultimate simple chili recipe!
I adapted this recipe from an amazing new cookbook I just discovered, 6 Ingredient Solutions by America’s Test Kitchen. I recommend this cookbook to literally anyone and everyone. What’s great about America’s Test Kitchen is they test these recipes up down and sideways to make sure they’re top notch. You can trust that they’ve put in the work so that we don’t have to! My kind of situation.
This 6 INGREDIENT LAZY DAY CHILI is one of our favorite recipes to make for a crowd. It's easy, SO FLAVORFUL, and made with ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry. It's perfect for game day and absolutely fool-proof. You won't believe how tasty this is!
Inspired and adapted from 6 Ingredient Solutions by America's Test Kitchen
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet chili seasoning (I used McCormick)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, fully drained and rinsed
- 2 (16 ounce) jars chunky salsa (the chunkiest you can find!)**see note
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- optional garnishes: sour cream, shredded cheese, crackers, fresh cilantro, chopped onions, sliced jalapeños, or ketchup
- **note: if you want your chili spicy, you can grab a spicier salsa. Works like a charm!
- Heat beef in a dutch oven over medium high heat, crumbling as it cooks.
- Once beef is crumbled, stir in the chili seasoning and continue to stir while it cooks.
- When beef is no longer pink, stir in the beans, salsa, beef broth, and cilantro. Stir to fully combine.
- Reduce heat to simmer and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with garnishes of your choice.