Homemade Tortilla Chips with Garlic Parmesan are a delicious and easy snack you can bake for Cinco de Mayo! It’s so easy to make these Baked Tortilla Chips, and they’re healthier and tastier than store bought! They’re the easiest and most flavorful way to elevate chips and salsa.
Homemade Tortilla Chips
These homemade baked tortilla chips are the perfect way to add a little extra kick to your chips & salsa. The garlic parmesan flavor is just so delicious!
Homemade Tortilla Chips are my LIFE during the summer. I can never get enough chips and salsa (it’s the perfect snack or appetizer!), and I feel like baked tortilla chips are the perfect complement to any amazing dip recipe! With Cinco de Mayo rapidly approaching, you better have your Mexican food game on LOCK. I know I’m ready for the best food holiday of the year. Are you?
Whether you’re planning to make nachos, chips and salsa, queso, guacamole, or just sit around and drink margaritas, then these Garlic Parmesan Tortilla Chips are a MUST MAKE! And you have to make your own fresh chips for Taco Night too!
Make Homemade Tortilla Chips for an easy way to upgrade your chips & salsa routine!
How to Make Homemade Tortilla Chips
You only need four ingredients, a few simple steps, and about half an hour in order to make these crispy cheesy flavored chips!
- Start by preheating the oven to 425°F and spray your baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut tortillas into wedges, and then place them on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes (until crispy). You can broil for a couple of minutes if you want them EXTRA crispy.
Tips for making Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
- We love BAKED Tortilla Chips using flour tortillas, but you can also fry your homemade tortilla chips.
- You can use corn or flour tortillas, although we wrote this recipe with flour tortillas
- QUICK TIP: Using Corn Tortillas can make this a Gluten Free Recipe!
- If frying, you can sprinkle on your seasoning after removing from the oil, before the hot chips have dried.
- If baking, we recommend spraying all the tortilla triangles with nonstick olive oil spray, sprinkling with your seasonings (in this case garlic salt and shredded parmesan) and then baking until crisp.
Are Homemade Tortilla Chips good for you?
Typically, fried tortilla chips are pretty high in fat…because you’re frying in oil. These Baked Tortilla Chips have under 100 calories per serving and are still crispy and delicious! I’m a big fan and I hope you love them too.
How do you make Nachos in the oven?
I LOVE to bake nachos! You can start with this Homemade Tortilla Chip Recipe and then make Baked Nachos super easily. They’re the BEST! We love these Baked Chicken Nachos on a Sheet Pan and also these Baked Foil Packet Nachos! Both are awesome and easy recipes.
Can you make Baked Tortilla Chips in other flavors?
YES! One of our favorite Cinco de Mayo Recipes on The Cookie Rookie is our Tequila Lime Baked Tortilla Chips! Love that unique, fun, and bright flavor combination.
Tortilla Chips Need Dips
Sure, these garlic parmesan tortilla chips taste great on their own, but chips are really here for dip. We need ALL the dips. Salsas, cheese dips, guac, you name it. Here are some of my favorite dips for these chips.
What drinks to pair with Homemade Tortilla Chips
There’s nothing better to pair with Homemade Tortilla Chips than an amazing Margarita! We have compiled all our favorite Margarita Recipes in the ULTIMATE MARGARITA GUIDE. From classic to unique to flavored to frozen, we have you covered! Be sure to check it out today.
I love these Baked Tortilla Chips for anytime of year, but make them NON-STOP in the Summer. Even Summer BBQ needs a big ol’ bowl of these crispy baked chips served with salsa. Party time!
See the recipe card below for How to Make Homemade Tortilla Chips. Enjoy!
Check out some more of our favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes:
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Cowboy Cheese Dip
- Queso Smothered Chicken Fajitas
- Mexican Grilled Corn
- Strawberry Margarita Punch
- How to Fry Corn Tortillas