Simple to make and more delicious to eat, this lemon zucchini bread is perfectly fresh and delicious. Drizzled in a lemon glaze, every bite is sweet and tangy.
Iced Lemon Zucchini Bread Recipe
Perfectly moist and full of fresh lemon flavor, this quick bread is perfect to serve as a dessert or enjoy with an afternoon cup of coffee.
Be sure to try my zucchini chocolate cookies too!
Why you’ll love this Lemon Zucchini Loaf recipe:
- QUICK: It takes no more than 20 minutes to make this loaf before it gets baked in the oven.
- HEALTHIER: Ok, so this isn’t totally healthy, but feel good knowing there’s a good amount of fresh vegetables and fruit!
- KID FRIENDLY: If you’ve got picky eaters, this is a great way to get them to eat their greens!
How to make Lemon Zucchini Bread
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the dry ingredients and set to one side.
- Beat together the sugar, butter and eggs.
- Mix in the Greek yogurt, lemon zest, honey and vanilla.
- Stir in the zucchini.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake.
- Let cool before glazing.
Do you need to peel the zucchini?
There’s no need to peel the zucchini for this recipe, in fact, I love the flecks of green in the baked loaf. If you have little mouths that refuse to eat anything green, then you can peel it to hide it further.
Don’t squeeze the zucchini once you have grated it, you want to get all that moisture into your loaf.
How long does it keep?
This lemon zucchini bread will keep well at room temperature for around 3 days and up to a week in the fridge. Keep it in an air tight container or wrapped up to keep the moisture in.
Can you freeze it?
Yes, this bread will keep well frozen for up to 3 months either glazed or unglazed. Once the frosting has fully set, wrap the loaf in plastic wrap or foil and place in a freezer bag.
Thaw the loaf at room temperature to enjoy.
- Try not to cut into your bread until it’s completely cooled. If you do, as I have done in the past, the zucchini doesn’t taste quite done because it’s still warm. This all resolves once it has cooled down. He won’t notice the zucchini at all and are left with a moist, delicious bread.
- For more lemon flavor on your glaze, add in one to two teaspoons of freshly zested lemon in or sprinkled on top of the glaze.
This lemon zucchini bread is so fresh and flavorful, I just knwo you are going to love it. Simple to make and delicious to eat!
More Quick Bread Recipes we Love
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Brown Butter Banana Bread
- Strawberry Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread
- Glazed Lemon Cranberry Bread
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.