It’s no secret that Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are amazing, but have you ever tried Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread? The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is irresistible, and this bread is the perfect way to enjoy it. This recipe is easy to follow and results in a delicious, moist loaf of bread.
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Why You’ll Love This Easy Moist Banana Bread Recipe:
- How to Make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread
- Serving Suggestions
- Storage Instructions
- Freezer Instructions
- Banana Bread Variations
- More Quick Bread Recipes We Love
- More Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes to Try:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Recommended Equipment
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Peanut butter and banana is a classic flavor combination that is beloved by kids and adults alike. And what better way to enjoy this classic combo than in a delicious loaf of peanut butter banana bread?
This quick bread is packed with flavor and incredibly moist, thanks to the addition of mashed bananas. Plus the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups add the irresistible combo of chocolate and peanut butter!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Moist Banana Bread Recipe:
- EASY: This banana bread recipe is super simple to make, and doesn’t require any special equipment or ingredients.
- MOIST: This bread is perfectly moist and packed with flavor, thanks to the addition of mashed bananas.
- BREAKFAST OR SNACKS: Enjoy a slice of this peanut butter chocolate banana bread for breakfast with a cup of coffee, or as a mid-day snack.
- MAKE AHEAD: Make this bread ahead of time and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are a proprietary product and The Hershey Company is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
It’s also super easy to make, which makes it the perfect recipe for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. Simply mix together the wet ingredients, add in the dry ingredients, and bake! In just a few short hours, you’ll have a warm loaf of peanut butter banana bread to enjoy. So go ahead and give this delicious recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat the oven.
- Add together all of the wet ingredients.
- Add together all of the dry ingredients.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and fold in the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes.
- Top each loaf with the remaining chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
I don’t recommend using unripe bananas. Ripe bananas are softer and much sweeter, yielding sweet and tender bread. To quickly ripen bananas, pop them in the microwave. Poke unpeeled bananas all over with a fork, place them on a paper towel or plate, and microwave them on high for 30 seconds at a time, repeating until they reach the desired softness.
For baking, I recommend a creamy, no-stir peanut butter like Skippy or Jif.
Instead of 2 9×5-inch loaves, use this batter to make about 30 regular-size muffins. Fill greased or lined muffin tins ⅔ full with batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the tops spring back. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before topping with the remaining chopped peanut butter cups.
There’s no need to refrigerate banana bread as long as it’s kept in an airtight container at room temperature. If your house is a bit hot, you can store the bread wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
The best way to keep Reese’s banana bread moist is to keep it tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. Any exposure to air will dry out the bread.
This chocolate peanut butter banana bread is delicious on its own, or you can enjoy it with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream. It’s also lovely sliced and served with a cup of tea or coffee. Make it for dessert or an indulgent breakfast!
Store leftover banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
To freeze peanut butter banana bread, tightly wrap full loaves or individual slices in plastic wrap, place into an airtight container, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Banana Bread Variations
Have fun mixing up this peanut butter banana bread recipe! Some variations to try:
- Peanut Butter: Use an equal amount of crunchy peanut butter for a little more texture.
- Peanut Butter Cups: Use your favorite kind of peanut butter cups! Mini, dark, white, or even Reese’s Pieces are all delicious options. Make sure to roughly chop them before adding to the batter.
- Add-Ins: In addition to the chopped peanut butter cups, add chocolate chips or chopped walnuts to the batter in step 4. Keep total add-ins to 1 ½ cups, including the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Icing: Drizzle a cream cheese, chocolate, or peanut butter icing onto the bread before serving.
- Muffins: Instead of 2 9×5-inch loaves, use this batter to make about 30 regular-size muffins. Fill greased or lined muffin tins ⅔ full with batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the tops spring back. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before topping with the remaining chopped peanut butter cups.
More Quick Bread Recipes We Love
Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread is a delicious and unexpected twist on classic banana bread. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is irresistible, and this bread is the perfect way to enjoy it. This recipe is easy to follow and results in a delicious, moist loaf of bread. So, go ahead and give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
More Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes to Try:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake Bars
- Mom’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.