This loaded cornbread casserole will be a sure fire hit this Thanksgiving and Christmas. Super easy and quick to prep, It’s so delicious, I’m pretty sure you won’t have leftovers!
Oven-baked, it comes out so perfectly soft and moist, everyone will be asking for the recipe! Loaded with ham and cheese, this recipe is about to become your new family favorite!
Why You’ll Love this Loaded Cornbread Casserole:
- QUICK TO PREP: It only takes about 10 minutes to put this casserole together before it gets baked in the oven.
- PERFECT FOR A CROWD: This recipe will easily feed six, perfect if you are hosting for the holidays.
- MAKE-AHEAD: You can make this a day or two ahead of time, it’s a great option if you are planning a large feast.
How to Make a Cornbread Casserole
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the onion and garlic in a pan to soften it.
- Stir in the cream cheese to melt it and add in the corn.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- Bake until golden brown.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, if you are planning to serve this up with lots of other treats, you can certainly get ahead of things with this cornbread casserole! You can make the batter the day before and keep it covered in the fridge.
Alternatively, you can bake it and then keep it covered in the fridge for up to 2 days and then reheat it in the oven at 300°F for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.
What do you serve it with?
I like to serve this as part of my traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, but it’s also great with everyday meals as well. Try it with:
Can you freeze it?
If you really want to get ahead of things, then freezing this loaded cornbread is a great option. Let it cool, before wrapping in foil and placing in a freezer bag.
It will keep well for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight before reheating in the oven to serve.
- The cornbread casserole is cooked when the edges are golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Make this recipe vegetarian by simply omitting the ham.
- If making ahead of time, let the cornbread cool completely before storing it.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.