Simple and easy to make this homemade orange julius recipe is one delicious sip. Ready to enjoy in minutes, it’s fruity, sweet and so creamy!
Homemade Orange Julius Recipe
Mix up your foodie game with this fresh and delicious orange julius. So simple and easy to make, it’s so refreshing.
This drink is a favorite with the kids, as well as grown ups. Non-alcoholic, it’s a refreshing drink that’s perfect for the summer, or anytime of the year.
Be sure to try my Orange Ginger Shot and Blood Orange Mock Sangria too!
Why you’ll love this Frozen Orange Julius recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need four main ingredients to make this recipe.
- QUICK AND EASY: Just add the ingredients to a blender an blend! It couldn’t be simpler!
- DELICIOUS: This drink is the perfect mix of tangy, sweet and creamy.
How to make a Copycat Orange Julius at Home
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Simply add everything to a blender and blend til smooth.
- It’s that easy! Enjoy your homemade goodness any day of the week.
What’s the best milk to use?
I like to use a dairy-milk for this recipe, though plant based milks like almond or oat will work well too. 2% milk works great, and a whole milk will result in a creamier drink.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This orange julius is best served as soon as you’ve made it so that the ice doesn’t dilute the drink too much. You can blend up the ingredients without the ice and keep it covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours, then pour over ice to serve.
What does it taste like?
This Dairy Queen copycat recipe, is one of my favorites! It’s sweeter than a smoothie, but not as thick as a milkshake. It tastes like a creamsicle and is light and frothy in texture.
- You can use dairy or plant based milk in this recipe. If using plant based, use an unsweetened one and one with a fairly neutral taste like almond or oat.
- Blend for a minute or two to make sure that the drink is nice and smooth.
This orange julius recipe is so quick and easy to make, and it’s so perfectly refreshing. This is one delicious drink that the whole family will love!
More Easy Drink Recipes we Love
- Apple Pie Drink
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Citrus Smash Mocktails
- Instant Pot Mulled Cider
- Pineapple Agua Fresca
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
As a kid growing up in the 60s and 70s I can for certain tell you this is not the copycat Orange Julius recipe you want. My family owned and operated an original Julius kiosk in a mall and milk is NOT an ingredient in their franchise. So please Becky try again with your copycat recipe and hopefully next time you succeed.
Just a homemade kind!