This PARMESAN CREAMED CORN WITH BACON AND MASCARPONE is one of our favorite holiday side dish recipes. If you’re looking for a fabulous and unique gluten free Thanksgiving or Christmas recipe, this is it!
I know this Parmesan Creamed Corn with Bacon and Mascarpone recipe title is a mouthful, but the recipe itself is a DELICIOUS mouthful so it works.
This GLUTEN FREE PARMESAN CREAMED CORN WITH BACON AND MASCARPONE (wow, tongue twister) is SO good, SO creamy, SO unique, and SO perfect for your holiday gatherings. Thanksgiving this week and Christmas next month (and not to mention Easter next year) would be incomplete without this lovely and tasty dish gracing your holiday table.
I love the flavor combo that is a little bit sweet and a little bit salty, and I love that it’s the perfect compliment for all the other fixings this time of year. Delicious with turkey, delicious with ham, and delicious on it’s own. Can you tell I love this recipe?? I saved the best for last.
In my opinion the key to the perfect creamed corn recipe is starting with a roux…and to do that while keeping this recipe gluten free I needed a little help from my friends. You guys know I’m a HUGE fan of Bob’s Red Mill. I’ve worked with them for 2 years now and they are not only a joy to work with, they are second to none. Their products are made with quality in mind and they have solutions to almost any dietary need.
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour is my jam and I couldn’t love it more. You can use it in baking just as you would all purpose flour, or you can use it in cooking savory sides like this Parmesan Creamed Corn. It created such a great start to this stovetop creaminess…perfection! Have you tried it yet? I’m obsessed.
I love love how this recipe has a broiled parmesan top.
I love how its peppered with bacon and made extra creamy and a tad sweet by adding mascarpone. I love that it’s made start to finish in under 30 minutes. I LOVE that it’s the ultimate holiday side dish! Do you mind if I eat it as a main course as well? I can’t get enough. Don’t judge.
I cannot believe Thanksgiving is Saturday. Henry’s first Thanksgiving. He might be eating this as his entire holiday meal (he’s 8 months old ha), and I think he’s going to love it.
This PARMESAN CREAMED CORN WITH BACON AND MASCARPONE is one of our favorite holiday side dish recipes. If you're looking for a fabulous and unique gluten free Thanksgiving or Christmas recipe, this is it!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
16 minTotal Time
5 based on 3 review(s)
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 2 1/2 cups 2% or whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon crumbles
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the butter and allow to melt.
- Once butter is melted, stir in flour and use a whisk to combine until smooth. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking as you add. Stir in the sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, corn, bacon, and mascarpone. Stir until fully melted, cooked through, and creamy.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes on high until the cheese is toasted and bubbly.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!