Perfectly creamy, this peppermint mudslide cocktail is the drink you need this Christmas! This boozy milkshake has flavors of peppermint, chocolate and coffee and is ready to enjoy in minutes!
Frozen Peppermint Mudslide
With flavors of coffee, chocolate, peppermint, and Baileys, this alcoholic milkshake recipe comes together in minutes in a blender. Refreshing and boozy, be sure to top it with lashings of whipped cream for one indulgent treat!
Why You’ll Love this Christmas Cocktail Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: Just blend the ingredients together and you are good to go!
- PERFECT FOR ENTERTAINING: This is a real show-stopping drink that is sure to impress friends and family!
- SO FESTIVE: With their crushed peppermint rims and delicious creamy flavors, these cocktails are so perfect for the holiday season!
So fun to make and serve, these peppermint mudslides are sure to be the hit of Christmas!
How to Make Peppermint Mudslides
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Blend together the ice cream, vodka, Irish cream, and Kahlua.
- Add crushed peppermints and pulse.
- Rim the glasses with chocolate syrup and crushed peppermints.
- Drizzle inside the glasses with chocolate syrup.
- Pour the mudslide into the glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and crushed peppermints.
A mudslide is a sweet dessert-like cocktail, made with Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua, and vodka that is blended with ice cream for a boozy milkshake. This has flavors of peppermint making it perfect for the holidays.
This cocktail is made with peppermint vodka, Irish cream (Baileys), and Kahlua which is a coffee-flavored liqueur.
Sure! Just omit the vodka and swap the Irish cream for heavy or whipping cream, and replace the Kahlua with brewed, chilled coffee.
Because these are blended, frozen drinks, it’s hard to make these drinks ahead of time.
So perfectly festive, these mudslides are sure to get the party started! Deliciously sweet and creamy, you can even serve them as a dessert!
- For even more peppermint flavor, use all peppermint ice cream of half peppermint/half vanilla ice cream.
- These cocktails are best served as soon as they are made so that the ice cream doesn’t get warm.
- Peppermint vodka adds more flavor, but you can use plain.
Can I use dairy-free ice cream?
Yes! If you have lactose intolerance, use your favorite brand of dairy-free ice cream.
What kind of peppermint vodka should I use?
Smirnoff does a really nice peppermint vodka that works great. Creme de menthe can be used but it does tend to be much sweeter.
Where can I find crushed peppermints?
I love using King Leo crushed peppermints. Or, try crushed candy canes instead – place a few candy canes in a zip-top bag and smash them with a rolling pin.
More Christmas Cocktail Recipes We Love
- White Christmas Tequila Sours
- Orange Cranberry Sangria
- Mulled Wine Margaritas
- Sugared Cranberry Mimosas
- French Silk Pie Frozen Cocktail
These peppermint mudslides are so simple to make but super impressive to serve. If you have a sweet tooth, these are a must make!
More Festive Holiday Recipes to Try:
- Sugared Cranberries
- Splatter Paint Christmas Cookies
- Instant Pot Apple Cider
- Sheet Pan Christmas Dinner
- Christmas Crack
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.