Slow cooker peppermint hot chocolate is the perfect hot chocolate recipe for peppermint lovers! We LOVE Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate! Made with sweetened condensed milk so it’s SUPER CREAMY crockpot hot chocolate.
Is today really CHRISTMAS EVE!? I cannot believe that. Time really does fly. I have been trying to post up a storm for the holidays, and thought I would squeeze in one more favorite for you before the big day tomorrow. My friend Lissy (HI LISSY!) told me about this amazing way to make hot chocolate in a crockpot and I just HAD to try it. Turns out its amazing, and creamy, and dreamy, and EASY, and PERFECT for Christmas. But if you don’t make it for Christmas, it’s also perfect for after a fun day of sledding, skating, skiing, or any chilly night throughout the year.
I love all things made in a slow cooker, but this peppermint hot chocolate recipe one has got to be one of my favorites. It’s just so comforting and cozy. Who doesn’t love hot chocolate? This peppermint version is just one of the many ways you could make it your own.
My blogging friends are super creative with their flavor combos. Dorothy made slow cooker peppermint mocha hot chocolate and Melanie made slow cooker Almond Joy hot chocolate!! I have a feeling it would work with so many flavor combos. But I think Peppermint has Christmas written all over it.
I wish you could taste how creamy this slow cooker peppermint hot chocolate goodness is. Good thing you can easily make it, with just 5 ingredients!!
I hope everyone has the absolute best Christmas Eve and Christmas. Love to all!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups good quality milk chocolate chips
- marshmallows and mini candy canes for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in a slow cooker set to low heat. Let cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. When chocolate is fully melted and the drink is hot to taste, it's done!
- Top with marshmallows and mini candy canes for some extra fun.