Soft Pretzel Crust Pizza with Cheese Sauce is the ULTIMATE easy Cheesy Pizza Recipe! This pizza is a Little Caesar’s Copycat Recipe, modeled after their famous Pretzel Crust Pizza Recipe with cheese sauce instead of marinara! We are obsessed!
Pretzel Crust Pizza with Cheese Sauce
This cheesy pretzel crust pizza recipe is a dream. A homemade pretzel crust, topped with cheese sauce and pepperonis…all inspired by Little Caesar’s!
I’ve always loved Little Caesar’s Soft Pretzel Crust Pizza. Making a pizza with a pretzel crust is kind of genius, so I wanted to make a version at home too. There’s just something about pretzels and cheese sauce…a match made in heaven!
This cheesy pizza recipe is the ULTIMATE homemade pizza. It’s fun, it’s different, and it’s totally delicious! A pretzel crust pizza with a delicious cheese sauce instead of marinara, and plenty of pepperonis to fulfill every meat lover’s cravings.
It’s the perfect balance of flavors and textures (thick cheese and soft pretzel), and it’s surprisingly easy to make. These are such fun little pizzas to make for the whole family over the weekend, and everyone will love them. Call everyone to dinner, because they are going to be SO excited for this!
This CHEESY Pretzel Crust Pizza recipe with Cheese Sauce is the perfect little pizza to make for the family!
Little Caesar’s Copycat Recipe
A few years ago, Little Caesar’s offered the most amazing Soft Pretzel Crust Pizza. Just like this copycat recipe, it had a smooth nacho cheese sauce base (instead of marinara) and was loaded with shredded mozzarella and pepperoni. Unique…but still simple. When I say my husband was obsessed…that’s an understatement. I cannot tell you how many times he came home from work with a hot and ready Little Caesar’s Soft Pretzel Crust Pizza when we were wedding planning!
Their Soft Pretzel Crust Pizza became a cult classic but along the way, Little Caesar’s LOST. THE. RECIPE. Tragedy, right? I’m hoping they’ll bring it back, but until then, this copycat version will have to suffice. It’s extremely good, but I’d also love to hear your idea on how to make it even close to the original!!
How to Make Cheese Sauce for Pizza
One of my favorite things about this cheesy pizza is the fact that I replaced the marinara sauce with cheese sauce…because you can never have enough cheese! It’s the perfect complement to the pretzel crust pizza, and one of the main reasons I was so excited to make a Little Caesar’s copycat pizza in the first place!
What’s in the Pizza Cheese Sauce?
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Evaporated Milk
- Hot Sauce
A mix of cheeses and a little bit of hot sauce to give it a kick. This is the perfect pizza sauce for a truly cheesy pizza!
How to Make Cheese Sauce for Pizza:
- Combine cheese and cornstarch in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add in evaporated milk and hot sauce, and whisk until the cheese melts.
- Continue whisking another 5 minutes, until the cheese becomes thick and bubbly.
- If the cheese becomes too thick, add in a bit more evaporated milk.
Set the cheese sauce aside until you’re ready to add it on to the pretzel crust.
How to Make Pretzel Crust Pizza
Making the pretzel crust is the center of this cheesy pretzel crust pizza recipe. We’re not starting completely from scratch (we’re using store-bought pizza crust dough), but we are turning regular pizza crust into PRETZEL pizza crust.
How to Make Copycat Little Caesar’s Pretzel Pizza:
- Fill a stock pot or dutch oven with 3-4 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Unroll and prepare the pizza dough, making it about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a 6 inch wide bowl to measure, cut out two 6-7 inch pizza crusts.
- Whisk together one egg with water in a small bowl, then lightly brush the pizza dough with the egg wash.
- When the water boils, slowly pour in the baking soda.
- Place one pizza crust into the boiling water. Use a wooden spoon to make sure it doesn’t sit on the bottom of the pot. Let it cook for 25 seconds, then use two spatulas to flip it over, and cook another 20 seconds.
- Remove the pretzel pizza crust from the pot and set aside, then repeat the process with the second pizza crust.
- Now brush the pizza crusts with the egg wash for a second time, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake them in the oven for 8 minutes at 425°F, and make the cheese sauce.
- When the pizza crust is done, let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Now top each pretzel crust with the cheese sauce, one cup of mozzarella, and 10-12 pepperonis.
- Lastly, bake it for another 6 minutes to melt everything together.
This cheesy pretzel crust pizza will come out hot and bubbly, and super cheesy. Slice, serve, and enjoy! Be sure to check the recipe card below for full detailed instructions.
I know you guys are going to LOVE this copycat Little Caesar’s Pretzel Pizza. It’s one of your favorites, and I’m so excited for you to try it. Soft Pretzel Crust Pizza with CHEESE Sauce…YUM!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make this Pretzel Crust Pizza with Cheese Sauce. Enjoy!
More favorite pizza recipes:
- Pepperoni Pizza on a Stick
- New York Style Pizza
- Cast Iron Skillet Deep Dish Pizza
- French Bread Pizza Bites
- Low Carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Mini Margherita Pizzas
- Meat Lover’s Breakfast Pizza
- Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Veggie Crescent Roll Pizza
Oh I loooooved Little Caesars nacho cheese pizza! This is good but instead of making the sauce myself I used salsa con queso it was a little different but so yummy! And while nothing beats a pretzel crust, my kiddos like theirs on a tortilla. Brushed with a little olive oil and baked at 450 until crispy then topped with the sauce and the pepperoni and cheese.
Sounds delicious, Ellie!
Awesome recipe. Me and my fiance made this tonight and will definitely make it again. Bonus with the extra nacho sauce!
Thanks for sharing, Amber!
You know its just regular pizza crust with baking soda water brushed on the edges. It’s not actually pretzel crust. But your version sounds good. Thanks.
Looks good, but the way little Caesars did it was using a regular dough, make the pizza and squirt baking soda water on the outer crust before baking.
That is another good way to make it!
Oh, I remember that pretzel crust! It was amazing!! Love that you did a copycat for it! This needs to happen in our kitchen too!
Isn’t it so fun?!
Little known fact, I used to work at Little Caesars when I was in high school- best job ever! I wish they would bring back that cheesy garlic dip…was soooo good. This looks amazing too!
Ha! Great first job!!!!
I love this pretzel crust pizza. We’ll be making it again this weekend!
Oh good, keep me posted!
We’re big pizza eaters! Thanks for sharing this recipe :)
Can’t get enough of this! So glad I found this recipe!
Yay! I’m so happy too :)