Homemade Lemonade is so easy to make but it makes all the difference in the heat of summer. This Fresh Squeezed Lemonade recipe is simple, pure, with the only 3 ingredients you need to make lemonade. Learn how to make lemonade to serve on hot days, at summer parties, or any time you need a quick refresher!
Table of Contents
This homemade lemonade recipe is the BEST! It’s fresh, simple, and contains the only 3 ingredients you really need to make lemonade.
I love this Homemade Lemonade recipe because it’s just so simple. You only need 3 ingredients to make lemonade, and that’s all I put in here. Make your own fresh lemon juice and mix with water and sugar, then pour it over ice for a nice, cool drink.
This Homemade Lemonade recipe is simply perfect with only 3 ingredients!
How to Make Lemonade
Making fresh squeezed lemonade at home is so easy and takes just a few minutes. You can have a perfectly sweet, cold drink ready in no time!
How to Make Homemade Lemonade:
- Squeeze fresh lemons to make lemon juice. You’ll need about 1 1/4 cups of juice.
- Whisk together sugar + 1 1/2 cups water in a saucepan on medium heat
- Once it boils, reduce heat & stir until sugar dissolves
- Let the syrup cool
- Strain the lemon juice & pour into a 2-quart pitcher
- Add 3 cups of water to the pitcher + the syrup & stir until everything is mixed together
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Here are a few more tips to make the best lemonade:
- Squeezing lemons to make your own lemon juice creates the freshest flavor!
- I made a simple syrup (lemon juice & sugar) and then added water to that instead of just mixing everything together while cold. This helps the sugar dissolve better, and I feel like this creates the absolute best homemade lemonade.
- If you use ultra fine sugar instead of granulated sugar, you don’t need to make a syrup first. You can just mix everything together.
- Add a bit more water if the lemonade if you prefer a lighter flavor
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
You can’t make great homemade lemonade without making your own lemon juice. Fresh Squeezed Lemonade is the best lemonade! You can just cut each lemon in half and squeeze by hand. But I recommend using a lemon squeezer or manual juicer to get as much juice from each lemon as you can. Plus it makes the process easier and leaves you will less pulp.
More Lemonade Recipes
I love love love lemonade! While this is the best simple, straightforward homemade lemonade recipe, I have plenty of other lemonade recipes too. There are so many flavors, some with alcohol, and they’re all super refreshing.
Try some of my other favorite lemonade recipes:
How many lemons do you need to make a pitcher of lemonade?
You’ll need 1 1/4 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice, so you’ll need about 6 lemons to make that much juice. It does depend on the size of the lemons, but 5-7 lemons is a good estimate.
How long does fresh lemonade last?
This recipe will last up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator. Just be sure to give it a good stir after it’s been sitting for a while.
Homemade Lemonade Ingredients
This fresh homemade lemonade recipe only contains 3 ingredients so it’s wonderfully simple and pure. It’s the perfect recipe!
You really don’t need anything else in fresh squeezed lemonade!
I can’t get enough of this fresh squeezed lemonade recipe. It’s so refreshing with the perfect balance of tart lemon and sweet sugar. I’ll be serving it at every party this summer to keep everyone cool!
Watch the video or see the recipe card below for details on how to make Homemade Lemonade. Enjoy!
If you like this homemade lemonade recipe, try these other lemon-filled recipes too:
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars
- Lemon Mint Syrup Ice Cubes
- Grilled Lemon Butter Asparagus
- Homemade Lemon Sauce/Syrup
- Lemon Citrus Sangria
- Strawberry Lemonade Freezer Pie