You need LOVE POTION #9 MARTINI for Valentine’s Day! Cutest Valentine’s Day or Bridal Shower Cocktail #FTW!
I’m bursting at the seams with excitement over this super fun and festive cocktail, the LOVE POTION #9 MARTINI!! As a food blogger, we tend to get excited over the silliest things. For me, the happiest of days are spent trying to figure out the best way to photograph dry ice in a cocktail. I know, Earth shattering. But isn’t this just SO FUN!? Not only does this sweet drink taste great, it looks killer. Wow your loved ones or just entertain yourself this Valentine’s Day with the hottest, er coolest cocktail on the block!
Pat did not understand my disappointment when, on a random January Sunday, this idea popped into my head. I had to photograph it RIGHT AWAY but no stores selling dry ice were open on the weekends. NOOO (#FOODBLOGGERPROBLEMS)!!!!! First thing Monday morning I was waiting for them to open, give me my minimum order of dry ice (only $1 a pound!), and was beyond pumped to get home and cut out my little strawberry hearts. Favorite Valentine’s Day Cocktail EVER.
DISCLAIMER: You CANNOT drink the dry ice! Dry Ice is super simple to use in cocktails like this, but proper handling is VERY important. You do not want to actually swallow the dry ice, so you use really small chunks and make sure they’re at the bottom of your drink and fully dissolved before sipping. It takes about 5-10 minutes for a small piece to dissolve. DO NOT INGEST THE CUBES! :) Once they dissolve your drink will be oh so cold and fabulous! You can find tons of good tips on handling dry ice for cocktails HERE. PLEASE READ THAT IF MAKING THIS COCKTAIL! I’m going to remind you again in the recipe card. :) Dry ice is super fun and cute, but make sure you handle it correctly!
I’m just obsessed with these Love Potion #9 Martinis. I’m going to have that song in my head all day. But how fun to give your love this with some homemade sweet treats. Nothing says I love you like creativity in the kitchen!
As a reminder, HERE is the article about safe handling of Dry Ice in the kitchen. I found mine at a store in STL called Arctic Ice. They even crushed it for me and gave it to me in tiny pieces. When I googled it, there were tons of places selling it, and super cheap. Worth the effort for this striking sip!
CHEERS and Happy Valentine’s Day!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 ounces (2 shot glasses) strawberry vodka (I love Strawberry Basil Vodka from Pearl )
- 3 ounces (2 shot glasses) Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 small chunks dry ice (READ HOW TO SAFELY HANDLE DRY ICE HERE ) (optional)
- 2 strawberries cut into hearts, for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pomegranate juice, vodka, and Chambord. Shake to combine.
- Place 1 chunk dry ice into the bottom of each glass.
- Pour the martini over the a very small piece of dry ice.
- Garnish with skewered strawberry hearts if desired. Pretty cute :)
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the dry ice to dissolve (and enjoy the fun show!) before drinking.
- NOTE: DO NOT ingest the dry ice cubes. wait until they have dissolved before sipping.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR OTHER FAVORITE VDAY RECIPES!