Red Velvet Ice Cream is one of my favorite homemade ice cream recipes. This cream cheese ice cream is the perfect mix of red velvet flavor and cream cheese icing. This easy homemade ice cream recipe makes a delicious Valentine’s Day dessert!
Red Velvet Ice Cream
Red Velvet Ice Cream plus cream cheese icing equals the most delicious homemade ice cream recipe. This cream cheese ice cream is easy to make and so tasty!
Valentine’s Day is all about INDULGING, not dieting. So it’s the perfect day to bring on the Valentine’s Day desserts and special treats. I thought this Red Velvet Ice Cream would be just perfect!
My mom always made Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing around Valentine’s Day, and it was one of my favorite desserts of all time. It’s a classic, and that bright red just screams V Day. I’m not the best baker in the world, but I DO know my way around an ice cream machine! So I turned my fave cake into an easy homemade ice cream recipe instead!
This cream cheese ice cream is a decadent and delicious dessert. Red Velvet Ice Cream with a cream cheese icing swirl in the middle…so yummy. And just look at how pretty it is too!
This Red Velvet Ice Cream is perfect for Valentine’s Day dessert, or any special occasion. Make this tasty cream cheese ice cream and INDULGE!
Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Red velvet ice cream is not for the faint of heart (decadence never is)! If you love red velvet cake, then you will love this red velvet cream cheese ice cream. It is so rich and flavorful, so a just one scoop will do…who am I kidding? That won’t stop me from eating more than I need!
Don’t forget the cream cheese icing swirl in the middle. That really makes all the difference in this homemade ice cream recipe. It tastes just like red velvet cupcakes, but in delicious ice cream form!
Red Velvet Ice Cream Ingredients:
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Whole Milk
- Cocoa Powder
- Red Food Coloring
Plus butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract for that cream cheese icing in the middle!
How to Make Red Velvet Ice Cream
This homemade ice cream recipe is for ice cream makers (you know, the machines), so just be aware of that before you start in on this. You can certainly find a way to make this red velvet ice cream without an ice cream maker, but this recipe is going to assume you have one!
How to Make Red Velvet Ice Cream:
- Place cream cheese, heavy cream, milk, sugar, food coloring, and salt in a blender, and pulse until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese ice cream mixture into a bowl, and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once it has chilled, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and follow the ice cream maker instructions to process.
- While the ice cream is processing, make the cream cheese icing. Mix cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract in a stand up mixer. Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, until the mixture is fluffy.
- When the ice cream is ready, pour half into a freezer safe container. Top with 5-6 spoonfuls of the icing mixture, and use a knife to swirl it around.
- Then pour in the rest of the ice cream, top with the rest of the icing, and swirl again.
- Let the red velvet ice cream freeze overnight.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade ice cream is one of my favorite things to make because it’s so much fun and actually so simple. Plus who doesn’t love ice cream, right? It’s just really nice to be able to create my own flavors at home (like this red velvet ice cream) and then eat them alllll. I use an ice cream maker to help do all the hard work for me. Having this thing around turned out to be a very worthwhile purchase!
Here are some of my other homemade ice cream recipes for ice cream makers:
Enjoy your homemade red velvet ice cream on Valentine’s Day, or on any day! This flavor is perfect for any occasion.
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Red Velvet Ice Cream. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these other Valentine’s Day dessert ideas:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Triple Berry Tiramisu
- Mini Red Velvet S’mores Tarts
- Fried Brownie Truffle Bites
- Red Velvet Dessert Lasagna